Who is Amber Dawn Orton?
Amber Dawn Orton is a US-based professional nutritionist, personal trainer, and fitness model.
After taking first place in the overall bikini division at her first NPC event in 2010, she started working in the fitness industry.
Short Career of Amber Dawn Orton
Amber Dawn Orton participated in modeling and pageants while she was growing up, but she never lifted a weight or adhered to a strict diet until she started competing in the 2000s.
She earned a degree in finance, but after reading about fitness models in publications, she decided to pursue a career in the field.
Amber claims that after that she turned her attention to the health sector and made it the center of her daily life.
In addition to working as a posing instructor, nutrition/prep coach, endorsed athlete, competitor, and NPC judge, she would later pursue a career as a personal trainer.
Body Measurements of Amber Dawn Orton
|Full Name: Amber Dawn Orton|
|DATE OF BIRTH: 1986|
|PROFESSION: Fitness Model, Figure Competitor|
|HEIGHT: 5’7″ (170cm)|
|WEIGHT: 125 – 135lbs (56.7 – 61.2kg)|
- 2004 “Oh Girls” University of Oregon Calendar Cover Model
- 2007 Miss Hawaiian Tropics Northwest Regional Winner
- 2008 Country Girls Calendar Feature Model
- 2009 Campus Girls USA Calendar Feature Model
- 2010 Francesca Bella Lingerie Print Model
- 2010 Sunsational Tanning Calendar Feature Model
- 2012 MaxMuscle Print Ad Feature- Oxygen, Muscle&Fitness, Muscle&Fitness Hers, Shape, Muscular Development, and FitnessRx Magazines
- 2013-2014 Oxygen Ad Feature for Beast Sports Nutrition
- 2014 August Issue of Ironman Magazine, 6 Page Hardbody Profile
- 2014 September Exercise Layout in Oxygen Magazine
- 2014 November Cover of Ironman Magazine
- 2015 February Ironman Swimsuit Edition Feature Model
- 2015 GNC/ Royal Sports Ltd. Promotional Model / Featured Ads
- 2015 December Oxygen Magazine Workout Feature Model
- 2015 December IronMan Magazine, 6-page Hardbody Feature
- 2016 January Oxygen Magazine Workout Spread Feature Model
- 2016 January “Transformation” Oxygen Magazine Workout
- 2010 NPC Seven Feathers Classic, 1st Place & Overall
- 2011 NPC Emerald Cup- 3rd Place2012 NPC Emerald Cup, 2nd Place
- 2012 Bodybuilding.com FitBody Contestant
- 2012 NPC Jr.Nationals, 4th Place
- 2013 NPC Emerald Cup, 1st Place
- 2013 NPC Jr.Nationals, 2nd Place
- Certified NASM Nutritionist
- Personal Trainer
Heavy And Intense
Amber puts a lot of effort and weight into her workouts. She asserts that the only way to advance is to exert all of her energy and push herself to the limit.
To achieve her objectives and increase her power, Amber has been “lifting heavier and heavier each year.”
Amber enjoys working out every part of her body, but she has a few go-to workouts.
Amber has always enjoyed the glute kickback for her glutes. She consistently puts it in her weekly schedule because she claims that the exercise makes the area hurt.
Amber also loves doing several variations of the hard overhead press. She appreciates how the exercise works her abs and shoulders in addition to her love of working on her explosive power.
Amber enjoys performing pull-ups for her back and general upper-body strength. She constantly incorporates pull-ups into her workout since she thinks they are a test of anyone’s strength.
- Monday: Back & Bis.
- Tuesday: Abs.
- Wednesday: Legs.
- Thursday: Rest Day.
- Friday: Shoulders & Tris.
- Saturday: Legs.
- Sunday: Rest Day.
- Monday: Glute-focused leg day
- Tuesday: Shoulders
- Wednesday: Arms
- Thursday: Back & Chest
- Friday: Abs & Lower Body Plyo Day
- Saturday: Rest Day
- Sunday: Lift of her choice
High-Intensity Interval Training, or HIIT, is a popular component of Amber’s exercises. She performs sprints and plyometric exercises throughout these sessions to push her body hard and burn fat.
Amber Dawn Orton augments her regular weightlifting regimen with at least 3 HIIT sessions and 2-3 lengthier workouts (40–60 min). If she is preparing for an event, competition, or photo session, her cardio will change.
These workouts are really helpful for show preparation, and she ups the intensity and length of her sets.
For pleasure, Amber has added a little bit of yoga to her regimen, giving her the chance to stretch her muscles and cultivate a positive outlook on her weightlifting practice.
Amber must concentrate on meeting her daily macronutrient requirements to keep up her size and strength for work. For lean bulking, she sets her macronutrient targets at 145g protein, 185g carbs, and 45g fat per day.
Amber consumes 140g of protein, 165g of carbohydrates, and 40g of fat when she wants to maintain her muscle mass.
Days of Refeed
Amber Dawn Orton has decided to have “refeed” days rather than routine cheat meals. The goal of refeed days, according to her, is “to increase your carb consumption to assist bring leptin levels back to a steady position,” she explains.
Meals that are high in beneficial carbohydrates will be served these days, like sweet potato with chicken and rice. She is careful to keep track of her caloric intake and fully avoids junk food.
Amber adopts a more flexible approach to dieting for her daily diet and is a firm believer in the phrase “if it meets your macros.”
She orders quick-to-prepare meals to be delivered to her home, and she eats whatever will help her reach her daily macronutrient goal. The following is a sample daily eating plan:
- Meal 1: Half a cup of Oats + 3 egg whites
- Meal 2: 4 egg whites, tomato, spinach, mushrooms, and an Ezekiel English muffin
- Meal 3: 4oz. grilled chicken with asparagus
- Meal 4: 4oz. buffalo, broccoli, sweet potato
- Meal 5: 4oz. grilled chicken and greens
- Meal 6: Low-carb protein waffles with 1 tablespoon of nut butter
The dishes Amber enjoys most fluctuate with the seasons. She likes having quick, light meals that are cold, like tuna salad or a protein smoothie, when the weather is warm.
She prefers hearty meals in the winter, such as lean ground turkey with sautéed onions and mushrooms. She occasionally eats this with brown rice and a salad and combines it with hot sauce and eggplant hummus.
Supplements are also essential for Amber since they assist her to keep up her lean mass and adding muscle. She usually consumes whey protein throughout the day as one of her go-to supplements.
She uses several vitamin and amino acid supplements in addition to whey protein, including BCAAs, Multivitamin Tablets, Omega 3 Capsules, Digestive Enzymes, Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Fish Oil, Adrenal Support, Glutamine, CLA, and L-Carnitine.
Amber takes a pre-workout pill before a workout to help her focus and get excited.
Influences and Idols
Amber recognizes the accomplishments of models like Lori Harder in terms of their influences on bodybuilding and fitness.
Since she first saw Lori on a magazine cover, she claims that she has had a “huge influence” on her life and has long loved her form.
How can Amber Dawn Orton teach us something?
Amber Dawn Orton has always emphasized perseverance. In college, she majored in finance but quickly decided that the fitness sector was more her style. She pursued her passion with tenacity and inner strength, relishing each moment.
“The secret to progress is to just keep moving forward.
You might not notice bodily changes every day, and the scale or other variables might demotivate you. However, if you simply persist and never give up, you will ultimately arrive. Have faith in yourself!