Who is Anna McManamey?
Anna McManamey is renowned for having a slim and sculpted body.
She was inspired to start her fitness adventure at a young age by both her grandfather, a competitive hockey player, and her mother, a sprinter.
However, when Anna McManamey entered high school, things quickly took a turn for the worst when she learned she would never succeed as a top-level gymnast.
Since then, she has fought a severe eating condition for seven years, battling bulimia and anorexia along the road.
She went to the weight gym to finally put a stop to her health problems. Since then, she has made enormous strides in her fitness career, including becoming a WBFF Pro in 2016.
Here is her account:
Body Measurements of Anna McManamey
|Full Name:||Anna McManamey|
|WEIGHT:||Under 115lbs (52.2kg)|
|PROFESSION:||WBFF Pro Bikini Athlete, Online Coach, Fitness Model|
- Pro Bikini Athlete for the WBFF
- online trainer
- Exercise Model
- WBFF Sydney: 2nd Bikini Diva (WBFF Pro Card Win)
- IFBB Arnold Classic Australia: 3rd Bikini Open
- IFBB Melbourne Classic: 3rd Bikini Open
- Australian National Championships:5th Bikini Open
- Victoria State Championships: 2nd Bikini Open
- Arnold Classic Australia: 7th Bikini Open
- Melbourne Classic: 3rd Bikini Open
- IFBB Australia Amateur Olympia & National Championships: 2nd Bikini Open
- Victoria State Championships: 1st Bikini Open
- Amanda Doherty All Female Classic: 5th Bikini Open
- Arnold Classic Australia: 6th Bikini Open
- Carole Graham All Female Classic: 4th Bikini Open
- Amanda Doherty All Female Classic: 1st Bikini Novice
- ANB Asia Pacific Championships: 3rd Fitness Model U30yrs
- Fitness America World Championships: 2nd Figure Pro, 9th Ms. Bikini America
- Musclemania Australia: 1st Figure Open + Overall Figure Champion (Musclemania Pro Card), 2nd Ms.Bikini Australia
- ANB Australian Championships: 1st Fitness Model U30yrs
- Selected for Natural Bodz “Team Vegas”
- ANB Asia Pacific Championships: 2nd Figure Open, 4th Fitness Model U30yrs
- ANB Nth QLD Championships: 3rd Figure Open
- Sydney Championships: 2nd Figure Open + Best Posing Routine, 2nd Fitness Model U30yrs
- NPBB Regional Championships: 1st Figure Open and Overall Figure Champion
- ANB Australian Championships: 3rd Fitness Model U30yrs, 2nd Figure Novice
- QLD State Championships: 2nd Fitness Model U30yrs
- ANB Nth QLD Championships: 1st Fitness Model U30yrs, 1st Bodybuilding Couples
- INBA QLD Titles: 3rd Fitness Model U30yrs, 1st Bodybuilding Couples
- NPBB Regional Championships: 2nd Fitness Model U30yrs, 3rd Figure Novice + Best Posing Routine, 1st Bodybuilding Couples
Active Early Life
Anna McManamey was born and raised in Sydney, Australia.
She drew motivation from her grandfather, a competitive field hockey player, and her mother, a Commonwealth Games sprinter, to lead an active lifestyle throughout her childhood.
Anna began participating in dancing and sports regularly from a young age. Anna was able to develop a slim and muscular figure during her time in high school because she participated in sports.
Anna started participating in rhythmic gymnastics when she was 15 years old, and she often participated in this sport.
Despite her best efforts, she never seemed to succeed in competitions; instead, it always seemed to be the tall, thin females who took home the top prizes.
As a result, Anna felt unconfident about her weight because she thought she was “larger” than the other gymnasts. One of Anna’s coaches harshly remarked, “You’re too large to ever be an excellent gymnast,” which made the situation even worse.
Dealing With Challenges
Anna was extremely hurt by her gymnastics coach’s remark. But Anna was determined to show that she could succeed as a gymnast and didn’t want to give up her love of the sport.
The day after being informed that she would never be able to compete at the highest level of gymnastics, Anna started skipping meals to lose weight quickly.
Anna significantly reduced her daily calorie consumption and shed 10 kg in just one month. Her teammates and coaches in gymnastics soon became aware.
They complimented her on how beautiful she looked, which gave Anna a terrific mental lift.
At this stage, Anna was only taking in 400 calories per day. This had a significant impact on her entire disposition, making her often upset, low on energy, and frequently unwilling to go out with her friends.
Anna’s loved ones began to worry more and more about her health, but despite their worries, Anna opted to ignore them and kept losing weight.
When Anna graduated from high school, her weight had dropped to barely 39kg. Anna’s health suffered as a result of her drastic weight loss since she developed bulimia and anorexia.
This persisted throughout Anna’s time in college, during which her weight frequently changed.
Getting Over Her Eating Disorder
Anna was never admitted to a hospital, but she soon realized how much her eating issue had harmed her life. At this time, Anna understood she had to modify her behavior or face irreparable harm to her body.
To put on weight and get healthy once more, Anna headed to the gym. Anna met a personal trainer who specialized in body transformations and bodybuilding competition preparation not long after she started going to the gym.
Anna started working out in the gym under his direction after seeing the amazing results of his clientele.
Anna began to adhere to a diet and exercise schedule suggested by her trainer. After only a short while, Anna developed a deep love for weightlifting. Fitness allowed her to develop a fantastic figure in addition to improving her mental and physical wellbeing.
Anna’s dedication to the gym allowed her to live a more pleasant life. She fully assumed control over her eating patterns, which enabled her to improve her health and happiness.
Because of the remarkable change in her life, Anna’s trainer immediately pushed her to advance her career in fitness by turning her into a bikini competitor.
In the NPBB Regional Championships in 2012, Anna made her debut as a competitor.
Since then, she has continued to make a name for herself on the bodybuilding stage, making appearances in the WBFF and IFBB, among other federations.
She was able to obtain her Musclemania Pro Card in 2013 by taking first place and winning the overall contest at Musclemania Australia. Anna wanted to build on her success so she set her sights even higher after that.
Anna was able to achieve WBFF Pro status by 2016. This demonstrated that she was able to overcome her health issues while also succeeding in her career as a fitness professional.
Anna has outstanding genetics, so she has no trouble adding lean muscle. That’s not necessarily a good thing in her situation, though. Anna said this about it:
“I naturally gain muscle VERY easily, which can be troublesome for a bikini competitor.
I had to immediately cut back on my weight training after hearing from the audience at my most recent performance that I was beginning to seem a touch too muscular for the division.
Anna prefers to concentrate her training on a lot of HIIT cardio due to her propensity to gain muscle quickly. The training split for Anna looks like this:
Split Training For Anna
Sunday: MISS (medium intensity steady state) Cardio
Wednesday: HIIT (high-intensity interval training) Cardio
Thursday: Upper Body Workout
Saturday: MISS (medium intensity steady state) Cardio
Anna McManamey follows an IIFYM diet, which enables her to consume any foods as long as she meets her macronutrient targets.
Anna acknowledged that early in her fitness career, she frequently let her sweet taste get the best of her and overindulged in bad meals.
She started making sugar-free, high-protein versions of her favorite foods, such as cakes, and smoothies, to get over this.
Lean protein, complex carbohydrates, and healthy fats make up the majority of her diet, which looks somewhat like this:
Anna’s Dietary Guidelines
Meal 1 (6 am – Pre-Training)
- 1 Serving of Powdered Greens
- 2 Poached Eggs
- 2 Slices of Protein Bread
- Banana Smoothie: Whey Protein Isolate, Natural Yoghurt, Almond Milk, Banana, Cinnamon, and Sugar-Free Maple Syrup
Meal 2 (10 am – Post Training)
- Rolled Oats
- Natural Hazelnut Butter
- Fresh Strawberries
- Whey Protein Isolate
- 1 Serving of Green Tea
Meal 3 (1 pm)
- Turkey Breast Mince
- Basmati Rice
- Mixed Vegetables
- Flaxseed Oil
- 1 Serving of Green Tea
Meal 4 (4 pm)
- Same as Meal Three
Meal 5 (7 pm)
- Kangaroo Mince
- Cottage Cheese
- Mixed Vegetables
- Low Carb Noodles
- Seasoning, Low Carb Tomato Sauce
Meal 6 (9:30pm)
- 1 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2 Apple and Cinnamon Protein Bread Muffins (Homemade), Topped with Sugar-Free Maple Syrup, Cinnamon, and Pecans.
- Strawberry Shake made with Almond Milk, Natural Yoghurt, and Sugar-Free Strawberry Syrup
Influences And Idols
Justine Munro, Nathalia Melo, and Paige Hathaway all have gorgeous bodies that Anna finds admirable. Because of their fame in the fitness industry, Anna wants to be as successful as her role models.
Anna’s mother and grandfather, both of whom were quite active from a young age, served as her early role models. Because of their influence, Anna spent her entire life laying the groundwork for a future in fitness.
What We Can Learn From Anna Mcmanamey?
Following your aspirations is never too late, as Anna McManamey has demonstrated. When she was at her lowest, a severe eating disorder seized total control of her life.
She eventually overcame her health issues, though, and went on to achieve great things in the fitness industry, such as becoming a WBFF Pro in 2016.
Anna has shown us that developing a fantastic body requires dedication, consistency, and confidence in one’s talents. As Anna puts it
“Accepting the possibility that you have what it takes is the first step toward realizing your dreams. Decide to quit doubting your skills. Rise.
Embrace your gut feeling. Allow no one, including yourself, to talk you out of it. Make it happen after that.