Easy to prepare and delicious as a meal or side dish, cabbage stir-fry!
This simple recipe is loaded with healthy ingredients! A nutritious dish that can be made in just a few minutes by sautéing sweet Cabbage Stir Fry and carrots, ramen noodles (optional! ), fresh garlic, and ginger.
A Colorful Stir-Fry of Cabbage
- Cabbage is cheap and delicious, and it’s also healthy!
- This dish is easy to prepare and delicious, making it ideal for weeknight meals.
- Stir-fries are inexpensive, filling, and nutritious.
- The versatility of this dish will delight the entire family; simply change the ingredients for a fresh main course each time.
- Use a bag or two of pre-made slaw that includes shredded carrots and frequently includes spinach, brussels sprouts, or kale to save time!
What’s In a Stir-Fried Cabbage?
Regular cabbage, also known as “cannonball,” maintains its shape while soaking up the flavorful sauce in this recipe. In this recipe, shredded Napa, purple cabbage, and Savoy will all work.
For a vibrant dish, combine different types of cabbage! FACT: In addition to being members of the cabbage family and being edible, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, kohlrabi, kale, and bok choy are also!
MEAT: Tofu, seitan, or some scrambled eggs can be added for a protein boost while maintaining the vegetarian theme.
A heartier main dish dinner will undoubtedly be created by adding ground beef or pork sausage, shredded chicken, shrimp, and bacon crumbles to cabbage stir fry.
NOODLES: Ramen is affordable, simple to find, and even simpler to make! Other alternatives include soba, udon, rice noodles, and egg noodles. Use ‘zoodles’ (zucchini), palming (hearts of palm), or shirataki noodles to make a keto-friendly dinner.
A bag of frozen vegetables, such as green beans with peas and pearl onions, broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, baby corn, or water chestnuts, should be added to the dish in addition to the colored carrots. There are no boundaries!
SAUCE: You can make your sauce however sweet or spicily you like! Use this homemade teriyaki sauce as a marinade, a glaze, or a sauce for stir-frying cabbage.
Change It Up!
A savory sauce with an “umami” flavor profile, fresh spices, and cabbage are the essential ingredients. Add any additional meats, vegetables, or noodles you desire after that. Additionally, this meal is wonderful for utilizing leftover meats and vegetables.
How to Prepare Stir-Fried Cabbage
This recipe is quite simple to prepare:
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients and set it aside (per the recipe below).
- As instructed on the package, prepare the ramen noodles, reserving one-third of the cooking water.
- Garlic and ginger are added, and the vegetables are cooked until soft.
- When bubbling and cooked all the way through, add the sauce and the ramen.
Sliced green onions and optional sesame seeds may be added as a garnish after removal from the heat.
Stir-fried garlic cabbage can be stored in the fridge for about four days in a covered container. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop, or serve cold. For up to 4 weeks, cooked cabbage freezes beautifully!
Better than takeout, cabbage stir fry is a tasty and healthful meal.
|15 minutes to prepare
fifteen minutes to cook
thirty minutes in total
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger minced
- 3 green onions
- 4 cups shredded cabbage or slaw mix
- 1 carrot grated or julienned
- 1 package ramen noodles seasoning packet discarded
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce or teriyaki sauce, plus additional for serving
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sriracha or sambal oelek
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- Slice the green onions very thinly, separating the white from the green. In a small bowl, combine the sauce’s components and set it aside.
- Ramen noodles should be boiled in a small pot as directed on the packaging. Keep one-third of the cooking water aside. Drain then set apart.
- Over medium heat, warm the vegetable oil in a big skillet. Ginger, garlic, and the green onions should also be added. Simply cook until aromatic.
- Cook the cabbage and carrots for 3 to 5 minutes, or until just soft.
- Add 2 tablespoons or more of the cooking water that was set aside along with the sauce and noodles. Stir often until the cabbage is cooked through.
- Add the remaining green onion and sesame seeds as a garnish after removing them from the heat. If desired, drizzle with more hoisin or teriyaki sauce.
Make sure to use a thick teriyaki sauce if using bottled sauce (like bbq sauce).
Skip the ramen noodles and add more cabbage for a low-carb dinner.
Coleslaw mix can be used in place of cabbage because it cooks more quickly.
You can include cooked chicken or shrimp.
Calories: 186 | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 978mg | Potassium: 273mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2710IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 2mg