10-minute creamy garlic shrimp and cauliflower rice risotto! a lifesaver, yes?
Ever longed to face-plant a platter of particularly decadent, fatty food, but your hips and every fat cell on your body begged you to restrain yourself? That’s who I am. this past weekend.
I nearly broke down when my entire family opted to overindulge in the creamiest, most sinful-appearing dishes of risotto. I created Garlic Shrimp Cauliflower Rice instead of moping around.
The healthiest, lowest carb and fastest to prepare risotto takes only ten minutes. from nothing. and in a single pan (of course).
No more crying, weight watchers, or low carbs.
Cauliflower is where it all begins. whirled and ground into the ideal “rice.”
and finished with cream, wine, lemon juice, and cauliflower. You may face-plant away for the inexpensive expense of zero guilt in less than half the time it takes to prepare a typical Risotto.
After this, my family was attempting—I repeat, attempting—to remove my meals from me.
Did I allow them to? Oh, no. While I eat my “diet food” that doesn’t taste like “diet food,” go cry in your Risotto while I enjoy mine.
- 1 large cauliflower, leaves and stalk removed, chopped into florets
- 400 g | 14oz prawns (shrimp), peeled, tails intact
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (coconut oil)
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste (about 1-2 teaspoons)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- Cracked pepper
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Working in batches, add 1 cup of cauliflower florets to a blender (or food processor) and pulse each batch fast about 3-5 times, or until the cauliflower resembles rice. Repeat with the remaining cauliflower until all has been prepared, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a sizable skillet or pan. Prawns (shrimp) should be added, and they should be seared while periodically being stirred until they barely begin to change color. Fry for one more minute after adding the garlic and lemon juice. The cauliflower “rice” will become glossy and flavor-coated after a few minutes of frying in the oil and pan. Cheese, wine, and cream should all be together. Add salt, lower the heat to low, cover the pan, and simmer the cauliflower until it’s creamy and soft while stirring regularly (about 6-8 minutes).
- Serve with lemon wedges, parsley, pepper, and more cheese, if desired.