- Food: Mango Coconut Muffins
- Writer: Lizzie Green
- Content-Type: Food Blog
I adore these vibrant mango coconut muffins to start my day! They are entirely vegan and flavorful thanks to lime, mango chunks, and coconut flakes.
I have a very special place in my heart for muffins. My family almost always had muffins for breakfast while I was growing up, and it was great. My sister and I would “believe” we desired the vibrant cereals the other children were eating.
When my mother finally gave in to our pleading and bought them, they ended up spoiling on the highest shelf of the cupboard.
There is nothing better than waking up to a warm muffin and a large glass of milk. Of course, I no longer include the milk, but I still adore muffins.
Ingredients for coconut muffins
These are not your typical enormous, extravagant bakery muffins. Instead, they are a little, daily type of muffin that is lightly sweet. What you’ll need to make them is as follows:
- If you don’t have any spelled flour on hand, try a combination of white and whole wheat flour.
- Warm water and ground flaxseed serve as an egg substitute in these entirely vegan muffins. If you’d prefer, you may use an egg in its place. Instructions can be found in the recipe below!
- Baking soda and lime juice: These ingredients help the muffins rise.
- Any form of milk you have on hand, including almond milk. Here, too, homemade oat milk would be fantastic!
- Use virgin or unrefined coconut oil for a richer coconut flavor when using coconut oil.
- Cane sugar gives them a subtle sweetness.
- Cinnamon and vanilla extract add a toasty depth of flavor.
- Mango: Finely dice it to ensure that it permeates the muffins.
- Flakes of coconut – for topping! They impart additional coconut flavor and a delicious crunch.
- And sea salt—to bring out the tastes in everything!
Although they store well, these coconut muffins taste best immediately out of the oven. For up to three months, keep them in the freezer in an airtight bag. For a warm muffin-like breakfast or snack, microwave them for around 20 seconds to thaw.
Mango Coconut Muffins
|Prepare time: 10 minutes
cook period: 20 Minutes
a total of 30 mins
These delicious muffins of coconut and mango are nutritious breakfasts or snacks. Any extras should be frozen for up to three months in an airtight bag or container.
- Paper liners should be used to line a 12-cup muffin pan. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Water and ground flaxseed combined, then set aside to thicken. Almond milk is combined with lime juice, then placed aside.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and 1/2 cup sugar in a big bowl. Mix the flaxseed mixture, the almond milk/lime juice mixture, the coconut oil, and the vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Mix the dry components briefly after adding the wet ones to the bowl of dry ingredients. Avoid overmixing. Mango slices are folded in.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins in an even layer, filling each one about three-quarters full. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, after adding the coconut flakes. Add a little dusting of the remaining sugar, if desired. Place on a wire rack to finish cooling after 10 minutes of chilling.
- Instead of the flax + water mixture, 1 egg can be used.