A delicious variation of the traditional chicken salad is chicken with grapes, which makes for the ideal quick supper.
It has a lot of texture and color and is tasty. You can use rotisserie chicken or leftover oven-baked breasts to make this simple salad.
Make this ahead of time and eat it for lunch throughout the week or serve it as a quick weeknight meal with a tossed salad.
Simple Fruit & Nut Sandwich
- Chicken: For this recipe, you can use leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken, or Crockpot Shredded Chicken, just like a traditional chicken.
- Pineapple/Grapes: Fruit gives this recipe a little touch of sweetness and a delicious tang. Fruit lightens up a mayonnaise-based dressing, much like in a Waldorf Salad.
- Pecans give the dish a little crunch (along with celery). If you’d rather, you may swap them out for almonds or walnuts.
- Dressing: A light curry powder taste permeates a mayonnaise-based dressing. A chicken salad with grapes is wonderful with the addition of curry!
- Other delectable additions are chopped red or green onions, quartered and sliced zucchini, shredded carrots, and sesame seeds (black or white)
Chicken Salad with Grapes Recipe
In addition to being straightforward and uncomplicated, this dish looks amazing when served to guests while they relax on the terrace sipping ice-cold glasses of NESTEA® slightly sweet black iced tea.
- The dressing is whipped together (per the recipe below).
- In a bowl, combine diced chicken, pineapple chunks, red grapes, diced red bell pepper, celery, and chopped pecans.
- Apply the dressing to the salad and toss it lightly.
Serve over a bed of lettuce, with bread, or with croissants.
The pecans should be lightly toasted in a small skillet and allowed to cool before being added to the salad. When nuts are toasted, their flavor and crunch are preserved.
How much time will it last?
Pineapple Chicken with grapes will keep in the fridge for approximately a week as long as it is covered. The grapes may need to be somewhat drained because they will start to lose their plumpness. But all you need to do is add some fresh, roasted pecans along with some salt and pepper to revive the flavors.
My preferred sides
Given that this salad already has meat, fruit, vegetables, and carbohydrates, you should keep your sides straightforward.
If serving it over a bed of greens, add some croutons for an added crunch! If you want to eat it plain, try eating it with breadsticks instead of little romaine lettuce leaves.
Chicken Salad with Pineapple and Grapes
Everyone will adore this incredibly flavorful chicken salad with grapes, pineapples, and almonds that you can put together in no time at all.
|15 minutes to prepare
zero minutes for cooking
period: 15 minutes
portions: 8 portions
- 3 cups chicken diced
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits drained, juice reserved for dressing
- 1 cup red grapes halved
- ¾ cup pecans chopped
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup celery sliced
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice from the tidbits
- 1 ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a small dish, combine all the dressing ingredients. Place aside.
- The remaining ingredients should be added to a big bowl. Add the prepared dressing on top and gently blend.
- Serve with lettuce or croissants.
Calories: 295 | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 163mg | Potassium: 234mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 650IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg