Gigantic chocolate chip cookie, single serving (low carb)
For those times when you desperately want a cookie but don’t want to risk satisfying your cravings by eating the entire batch. A salted Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookie in a single serving and large size will work anytime.
Do you remember my low-carb skillet cookies with brown butter and chocolate chips? That is this after being cut in half three times. Kind of.
Fudgy on the interior and crispy on the outside, with salt and melted chocolate chips on top.
A cookie that will satisfy your hunger without tempting you to eat an entire skillet or baking pan full of cookie pies.
When making it for the first time, it took about 2 minutes to get the consistency just right by adding additional flour, gradually incorporating butter, and whisking in just enough egg to ensure that it was the ideal cookie dough.
the second attempt succeeding? I had a recipe to follow, after all. This time, it took less than a minute to combine everything, possibly another minute to form it into cookies, and then approximately 15 minutes to bake.
Coffeelites Single Serve Jumbo Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookie
If you’re anything like me, it’s quite challenging to resist checking on the oven every ten seconds to make sure it’s operating properly. The aroma of freshly baked cookies that filled the kitchen wasn’t helping either. However, it was all worthwhile.
And I’m so glad I only had this one to breathe in. A complete batch of cookies probably wouldn’t have persisted.
The ideal emergency remedy for a craving.
There is always the option of dividing it in half if you’re feeling kind.
But I don’t believe so.
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons of 1 lightly whisked egg *See Notes
- 2 teaspoons granulated sweetener (if not following a low carb, sub with white sugar)
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup almond flour (if not following a low carb, substitute with plain or all-purpose flour plus 1/8 teaspoon baking powder)
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate chips
- sea salt flakes to sprinkle (optional)
- Set the oven to 176 C/350 F. The melted butter, egg, sweetener, sugar, and vanilla extract should all be thoroughly blended.
- When the mixture is fully blended and smooth, add the chocolate chips and almond flour (or plain flour, if using). Gently fold in the ingredients.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cookie is firm and the edges are golden brown. Sprinkle with salt flakes and let cool.
*During recipe testing, I discovered that using 2 teaspoons of 1 whisked egg produced the greatest results. Although you may try using egg whites, the oil in the yolks helped make the edges crisp. Keep the remaining whipped eggs aside for
eggs benedict or an omelet!