In about 12 minutes, make homemade chicken schnitzel! A fraction of the calories and with all the flavor and crunch of deep-fried schnitzel. Find out how simple it is to create this!
It’s great to keep a few quick recipes on hand for those times when you’re very busy. And this one just nails it. Homemade, crunchy chicken schnitzel is one of those dishes that is sure to please everyone, including picky eaters!
Everyone enjoys crunchy, fried foods, after all. Nobody that I have ever met does not enjoy fried foods. They may be the health-conscious type, but they still claim to love fried foods; they just seem to have more restraint than I do.
Consequently, here is my sneaky little method for making crumbed stuff in about 12 minutes:
- Spread mayonnaise and mustard on the chicken,
- Top with panko bread crumbs, spritz with oil, and
- Broil for only 8 minutes on high, or until golden.
Make a fast salad while it’s broiling, reheat up some bread rolls, and presto! In about 12 minutes, dinner will be ready!
Not only do the mustard and mayo help the panko adhere to the chicken, but they also give it flavor. Additionally, the mayonnaise’s oil contributes to the panko’s lovely, crunchy, and golden color.
I also prepare fish and veal schnitzel using this method. In fact, it works particularly well with fish, as in this nutritious fish with parmesan and garlic crust.
Goodness in crumbed form. Isn’t it wonderful that you may satisfy your craving without the shame and mess of deep frying?
I always make this dish for my weekly midweek meals. I do hope you try it!
Within 12 minutes, homemade chicken with all the flavor and crunch of deep-fried chicken, but with a fraction of the calories!!
|4 minutes are needed for preparation.
8 minutes for cooking
time period: 12 minutes
Ingredients for Chicken Schnitzel
- 1 small chicken breast
- 3 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- ¼ teaspoon panko bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Oil spray
Instructions for making Chicken Schnitzel
- Place rack 8 in the broiler and turn the oven to high “from the source of heat.
- Halve a chicken breast horizontally. To 13 pound “uniform thickness
- Chicken should be put on a tray. Add salt and pepper after spreading mustard and mayonnaise.
- Add panko bread crumbs and press firmly to adhere. Spray some oil on.
- 8 minutes or until golden under the broiler.
- Serve with a crisp bread roll and a salad.
The breadcrumb won’t be an exact, uniform golden color like it is when it is deep-fried. There will be some lighter and some darker areas. But the mayonnaise and mustard will make it crispy and equally good as deep frying!
Calories: 103 | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 207mg | Potassium: 92mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 0.6mg