Herb Baumeister was a reputed serial killer from the United States. At least eleven killings, and maybe as many as twenty, were committed by him. He committed suicide shortly after authorities found the bodies of eleven of his victims, therefore he was never brought to justice for his crimes. He never admitted to the crimes, and the alleged murders were not included in his suicide note. Learn more about Herb Baumeister’s Wiki, Bio, Age, Height, Weight, Wife, Death, Murders, Family, Career, and many other facts about him by reading his biography.
Murders by Herb Baumeister
Herb Baumeister was given a schizophrenia diagnosis when he was a youngster, but he never received care. In the early 1990s, he was suspected of killing over a dozen men, the majority of whom were last seen in gay bars. On Baumeister’s farm, police discovered the remains of eleven people, eight of whom were identified. With an arrest warrant out for him, Baumeister escaped to Ontario and shot himself in the head in Pinery Provincial Park on Lake Huron. He gave a note explaining why he killed himself, citing his failed marriage and business. The murders of the men discovered in his backyard were not admitted to by him.
Age & Bio of Herb Baumeister
How old was Herb Baumeister at the time of his death? He was born in Indiana on April 7, 1947. At the time of his death, he was 39 years old. On July 3, 1996, he committed suicide. He is the oldest of Herbert and Elizabeth Baumeister’s four children. His early years were generally typical. When adolescence arrived, he started acting antisocially.
Herb Baumeister Wiki
|Real Name||Herbert Richard Baumeister|
|Nick Name||Herb Baumeister|
|Birthday||April 7, 1947|
|Death Date||Jul 3, 1996 (age 49)|
|Death Place||Pinery Provincial Park,
Grand Bend, Ontario, Canada
|Birthplace||Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S|
|Height||approx. 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||approx. 59 Kg|
|Shoe Size||13.5 (US)|
Who was Herb Baumeister’s spouse? In November 1971, he wed Juliana Saiter; they had three children together. Later, Julie claimed that in their more than 25 years of marriage, they had only had six sexual encounters. Baumeister’s father admitted him to a mental hospital in the 1970s. He was “hurting and needed care,” according to his wife.
Herb Baumeister Facts
- Herb Baumeister eventually saw this man again in August 1995, following him and noting a license plate number.
- From this data, police identified “Brian Smart” as Herb Baumeister.
- Baumeister would posthumously be suspected of killing nine other men, the bodies of whom were found in rural areas along the corridor of Interstate 70 between Indianapolis and Columbus, Ohio during the early to mid-1980s.
- One eyewitness identified Baumeister as the man seen leaving a bar in 1983 with Michael Riley, who was later found dead.
- Like the other victims, Riley was strangled to death and deposited nude or semi-nude in a river.