In less than 15 minutes, you may have tender, caramelized-edged pork chops flavored with honey and garlic! with the finest four-ingredient sauce on top!
You won’t believe how simple it is to make these honey garlic pork chops after you try them! In this dish, bone-in or boneless pork chops are broiled (or grilled) in the most incredible honey garlic sauce after being seared until golden. There is no need for marinating!
Those crunchy, charred, and caramelized edges are THE BEST part!
Honey Garlic Pork Chops Recipes
This dish has been in extremely high demand! The number of letters asking for a pork chops version that have come in since I published my Easy Honey Garlic Chicken recipe years ago has been insane! Because it’s among the finest pork dishes we’ve ever had, this recipe is crazy GOOD. Chops that are succulent, juicy, and tender melt in your mouth.
All of the preparation should be done in an oven-safe skillet or pan before finishing under the broiler (or grill) to get those crisp edges.
That final step is incredibly valuable! Look at the color alone! Serving your family these pork chops with honey and garlic will not disappoint!
How to Cook Honey Garlic Pork Chops?
Chops with OR without bones can be used.
Chops should be seasoned immediately before cooking to keep them moist and tender.
Before adding the chops, preheat your heavy-bottomed pan or skillet and make sure it’s hot.
Cook each side until crisp and brown, about 4 minutes per side.
While broiling, the chops’ fluids leak into the sauce, enhancing its flavor and increasing the amount you can use to accompany your pork.
Honey Pork Chops Marinade — no Marinating needed!
To preserve the flavors from the seared pork from transferring to the sauce, melt the butter in the same pan. Then add the remaining ingredients.
Cook the sauce until it slightly thickens and reduces in volume (about 3-4 minutes). Avoid overcooking the honey, which will cause the pan to become entirely dry. (If that occurs, simply prepare the second batch of sauce to be served with it later.)
liberally baste the pork with the sauce, then broil or grill for 1–2 minutes, or until the edges are just beginning to brown.
Roast Honey Pork Chops
Directions for making oven-baked pork chops are provided in the recipe notes!
- 4 pork chops bone-in or out
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water (or chicken broth)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar, or any white vinegar)
- Heat the grill or broiler in the oven to high. Just before cooking, season chops with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a pan or skillet, heat the oil until it is hot. Chops should be seared until golden and fully cooked on all sides (about 4-5 minutes on each side). Move to a platter and reserve.
- heat to a medium setting. In the same pan, melt butter while scraping away any browned bits from the bottom. Garlic is cooked till aromatic (about 30 seconds). Honey, vinegar, and water are added. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook, stirring periodically, until the sauce slightly thickens and reduces (approximately 3 to 4 minutes).
- Re-add the pork to the pan, thoroughly baste with the sauce, and broil or grill for 1–2 minutes, or until the edges are just beginning to sear.
- Serve with parsley garnish and a salad or over rice, pasta, or veggies.
Calories: 332kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 68mg | Potassium: 337mg | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 0.8mg