This cajun shrimp is bursting with flavor and ready in under 10 minutes! Tender shrimp are pan-fried in a wonderful spice mixture and served with rice, pasta, and/or grilled vegetables.
Why Is This Recipe So Delicious?
- It only takes 10 minutes to prepare! You’ll quickly make your own Cajun spice before thoroughly cooking your shrimp. This Cajun shrimp recipe is the most straightforward you’ll make all week.
- It’s hot and flavorful to the extreme. Cajun seasoning is surprisingly simple to make at home, and it uses ingredients you most likely already have on hand. Paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper are all readily available and wonderful!
- It’s really adaptable; you can serve it in whatever way you like! For a quick and easy lunch, I like to put a few of these Cajun shrimp onto a salad. For a nutritious, low-carb meal, serve this shrimp over creamy pasta or alongside your favorite vegetables.
Shrimp – For this recipe, it’s ideal to start with raw, peeled, and deveined shrimp. I cook the shrimp with their tails on because it gives a little extra flavor. If you like, you can remove the tails from your shrimp before cooking.
Cayenne Pepper – Cajun shrimp wouldn’t be complete without a pinch of cayenne pepper! Just half a teaspoon is enough to give this recipe the right amount of heat.
You can increase the cayenne pepper if you want things to be spicier. If you have a low spice tolerance, I’d suggest using only a quarter teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Start by toasting the spices for 30 seconds in a pan with melted butter. This is a key step in bringing out the taste of the Cajun shrimp and increasing the overall depth of flavor. You’ll want to keep an eye on the spices throughout this phase because they can quickly burn!
- You may double the spice batch in this recipe and save it to use as a Cajun seasoning in other foods later! This same spice blend goes great with chicken in a fantastic Cajun chicken recipe.
- Shrimp cooks quickly, just like the seasonings do! This is why the Cajun shrimp comes together so quickly, but it also means you’ll have to keep an eye on it while it’s cooking. To ensure that each shrimp cooks evenly, place them in the pan and stir them periodically.
|5 minutes to prepare
5 minutes to cook
10 minutes total
This Cajun shrimp is bursting with flavor and ready in under 10 minutes! Tender shrimp are pan-fried in a wonderful spice mixture and served with rice, pasta, and/or grilled vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- Large skillet
Instructions For Cajun Shrimp
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Combine the paprika, garlic powder, salt, oregano, onion powder, and cayenne pepper in a mixing bowl. Cook for 30 seconds while constantly stirring.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Use dairy-free butter instead of ordinary butter to make it dairy-free.
This recipe serves around 4 people. The nutritional values displayed are for one serving. The macros may differ slightly based on the ingredients used.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 174kcal, Carbohydrates: 2g, Protein: 24g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 301mg, Sodium: 1514mg, Potassium: 147mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 780IU, Vitamin C: 5mg, Calcium: 179mg, Iron: 3mg, Net Carbs: 1g