A family favorite is this pork chop dish. Crispy pork chops are stacked over creamy potatoes before being cooked till soft.
On a hectic weekday, whip up this quick dinner for a hearty meal that the whole family will enjoy!
Why Is This Casserole So Delicious?
- It only takes a few basic steps to put together! Sear the pork chops quickly, then combine the casserole ingredients in a bowl. Simply layer each component before baking.
- In just one dish, you have a complete supper! This recipe has it all, with soft and tender potatoes on the bottom and succulent pork chops on top. When you’re seeking something wholesome and tasty, make this filling and delightful lunch.
- It’s a huge hit with everyone! For guests and family, I enjoy layering this pork chop dish. This delicious, tasty, and hearty supper is licked clean by everyone.
Chops de porc – I prefer boneless pork chops since they are more convenient to eat. Without needing to cut around any bones, everyone can dig into these soft pork chops right away.
Pork chops that are roughly 1 inch thick are also recommended. These will brown beautifully on top of the casserole.
French-Fried Onions — This crispy nibble gives this pork chop casserole a great crunch. This recipe can be made low-carb and gluten-free by omitting the French-fried onions. I do, however, enjoy getting a few crunchy bits in each bite – wonderful!
This dish can be made with any type of potato. I had terrific success with huge russet potatoes in my pork chop dish.
You can even choose to keep the skin on or peel it off if you choose. Simply slice the potato into even 1/4 to 1/8-inch circles once you’ve opted for a type of potato for this dish.
- Before placing the pork chops into the casserole, fry them quickly over high fire. The idea is to brown the pork chops rather than fully cook them. The pork chops will thoroughly roast in the oven until tender!
- If you want, you can easily freeze this casserole! To do so, follow the recipe’s instructions but skip the top layer of French-fried onions. Then cover with plastic wrap and store in the freezer. Allow the casserole to defrost completely before topping with onions and baking as directed in the recipe below when cooking from frozen.
- Serve this tasty pork chop dish in whatever way you like! Before serving, I like to sprinkle it with fresh chopped parsley. For a complete and healthy supper, I’ll occasionally serve it with a side salad.
Casserole of Pork Chops
|Preparation time: 10 minutes
45 minutes to cook
55 minutes total
A family favorite is this pork chop dish. Crispy pork chops are stacked over creamy potatoes before being cooked till soft. On a hectic weekday, whip up this quick dinner for a hearty meal that the whole family will enjoy!
Ingredients For Crispy Pork Chop
For the Pork Chops
- 6 boneless pork chops
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
For the Casserole
- 1 10.75-ounce can condense cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 full cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ pound potatoes thinly sliced
- 1 2.8-ounce can of French-fried onions divided
- Large skillet
- Large bowl
- 9×13 baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper, then sear in a skillet for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the condensed cream of mushroom soup, milk, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and half of the French-fried onions.
- In the bottom of a 913-inch casserole dish, place sliced potatoes, then top with an even layer of pork chops. Cover the pork chops with the soup mixture and aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil, top with the leftover French-fried onions, and bake for another 10-15 minutes uncovered.
Make it gluten-free by leaving out the French-fried onions and using a gluten-free cream of mushroom soup like this one.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 410kcal, Carbohydrates: 13g, Protein: 38g, Fat: 22g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 127mg, Sodium: 963mg, Potassium: 822mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 380IU, Vitamin C: 8mg, Calcium: 219mg, Iron: 1mg, Net Carbs: 12g