Davina McCall

Davina McCall provides her fans and followers tips to lose post-Christmas weight but without giving up their favorite delicacies. This is possible she says. And it can be done by making sensible choices.

Table of Contents

Davina McCall discusses easy weight loss plan

Davina McCall has never been ashamed of her body. And she wants her fans to also have and maintain body confidence. One should not be ashamed of wanting to lose weight. Christmas is the time of meeting your loved ones and having your favorite foods together. These Christmas treats and overindulgence does cause some weight gain. But Davina reiterates that one should be fearless of this and not feel guilty about it.

Davina McCall
Davina McCall (Source: Kent Live)

Davina herself owns a great physique at 55. She has washboard abs and sculpted arms. But she had mentioned in the past that she really works hard to maintain her figure. She has her own weight loss DVDs and the sales of these have already crossed 2 million. Additionally, she has her own online platform Own Your Goals Davina.

There is a growing concern about diet culture and experts are against it. Davina is aware of it. But she justifies her diet tips saying that it is not about restrictions of favorite food stuffs but about making sensible choices. She told OK magazine:

“I’m not trying to get you to give stuff up, I’m just trying to get you to make sensible choices. I just want you to eat in a way where your body’s going to be screaming, ‘Thank you!'”

Davina and her body confidence

Davina felt her clothes getting tighter during covid-19 pandemic. And after Christmas, she admitted to have put on some additional weight. She said:

“We’ve often been a bit nervous about talking about weight loss, but we shouldn’t be ashamed of it because it’s what people want to know about,”

Davina McCall
Davina McCall (Source: Liverpool Echo)

She wants to make exercises enjoyable for people. That’s the biggest mission of her life. But she emphasizes that workouts are essential. And Davina herself opts for easier versions in the gym. There are somethings in the gym that she is not comfortable with and avoids doing those. But it is okay as long as you are exercising daily.

Davina and her diet

Davina also shared with her fans details of her daily diet. Her secret to health is that she does not eat anything after having her dinner. This she started after she realised that she was consuming an additional 400 calories every day by mere snacking on carrots and hummus. So she stopped this weight gaining practice.

Davina McCall
Davina McCall (Source: The Mirror UK)

Davina revealed that she starts her day with exercises. She is deeply excited about it and is happy to get into her gym dress. She follows the 80/20 rule. This means that she does exercises to help 20% in the weight management journey. But the remaining and major 80% is of what she eats and puts into her body.

Davina is an English TV presenter. She has hosted the show Big Brother on channel 4 from 2000 to 2010. She was also host of Streetmate on channel 4 from 1998–2001 and in 2016. The other shows that she presented includes The Million Pound Drop for six years from 2010 to 2015, Five Minutes to a Fortune in 2013 and The Jump from 2014 to 2017.

Also, read Davina McCall reveals the tricks to prevent a menopausal belly!

Davina has three children. She was married to 1997 but divorced him the same year. Later, in 2000, she wed Matthew Robertson but they separated in 2017.