These turkey wings are seasoned to perfection before being baked to perfection! In just a few simple steps you’ll have flavorful, fully cooked wings.
Serve this delicious turkey alongside mashed potatoes and your favorite veggies for a fun holiday or weeknight meal!
Why Will You Enjoy This Recipe?
- They’re surprisingly simple and hands-off to make! Dry the wings first, then coat them in oil and a delicious spice mixture. Finally, bake for 90 minutes, or until fully cooked and tender.
- They’re much easier to prepare than a whole turkey! This holiday season, are you cooking for a smaller group? Instead, prepare a batch of these wings to satisfy your turkey craving.
- They’re seasoned to perfection with a carefully selected blend of dried herbs and spices! Paprika, oregano, basil, garlic powder, and onion powder are all used in this recipe. Even more, the flavor is added by adding chicken or turkey broth.
Wings of Turkey – They contain juicy dark meat and are coated in crispy skin, making them arguably the best part of the turkey. They’re a fantastic and much less expensive alternative to roasting an entire turkey!
Smaller families or those who simply prefer turkey wings to any other part of the bird (if this is you, I agree! ), turkey wings are a great option.
Stock (chicken or turkey) – After seasoning, pour the broth over the wings and into the baking dish. The dish will then be covered with foil before being placed in the oven.
This causes the soup to boil and cook the wings with delicious steam. The meat absorbs a lot of moisture, which keeps them from drying out.
- Save the pan drippings to make a wonderful and strongly flavourful gravy! I’d hate to see the liquid at the bottom of the baking dish go to waste because it’s full of flavor. As a result, either make a gravy with it or use it to baste your wings!
- Before seasoning and roasting the turkey, pat the skin dry. Don’t neglect this crucial initial step! Dried skin will bake up much crispier in the oven!
- Keep in mind that turkey wings come in a variety of sizes, and cooking durations will vary depending on the size. Simply slide a meat thermometer into the thickest section of the wing to ensure that it is fully cooked. They’re ready to eat when the thermometer reads 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
Baked Turkey Wings
|10 minutes to prepare, 1 hour 45 minutes to cook
1 hour 55 minutes total
These turkey wings are seasoned to perfection before being roasted to perfection! You’ll have tasty, thoroughly cooked wings in just a few simple steps.
For a fun holiday or midweek supper, serve these delectable turkey wings with mashed potatoes and your favorite vegetables.
- 3 pounds of turkey wings
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 cups chicken or turkey broth
For baking a small bowl
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drizzle avocado oil over turkey wings after patting them dry with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, paprika, dried oregano, dried basil, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Sprinkle equally over the turkey wings.
- Place the wings in a baking dish and cover with chicken or turkey broth. Cover and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes covered, then 15 minutes uncovered.
This recipe serves around 4 people. Your desired portion sizes will determine the number of servings.
The nutritional values given are for one serving of the ingredients specified and are approximate. The exact macros will vary depending on the brands and types of ingredients utilized.
Prepare the recipe as directed to get the weight of one serving. Weigh the final recipe, then divide the weight (not including the weight of the container in which the food is stored) by four. The weight of one serving will be the result.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 551kcal, Carbohydrates: 8g, Protein: 48g, Fat: 36g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Cholesterol: 160mg, Sodium: 2307mg, Potassium: 846mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 1809IU, Vitamin C: 9mg, Calcium: 141mg, Iron: 7mg, Net Carbs: 5g