A sinfully creamy and delectable snack with hot wing flavors is buffalo chicken dip! For any special occasion, the ideal comfort food.
Our creamy Buffalo chicken dip recipe, which has a dash of butter and garlic, is a smashing success wherever you serve it.
It doesn’t get any simpler than this method of reducing cooking times by using rotisserie chicken!
Move over, Guacamole, Satay Dipping Sauce, and even our readers’ favorite Spinach Artichoke Dip. This dip is the one!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
We wanted to provide you with another buffalo chicken recipe because of the rising demand for our wonderfully crispy Buffalo Wings.
Our dip was developed specifically for Lorelai, one of our most cherished and adored readers. Number one fan of Buffalo Wings! Lorelai, I hope you adore it! A beloved American tradition created especially for you.
What are the things that go with Buffalo Chicken Dip?
- Sour cream with Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce.
- Added options include Ranch dressing.
- Cream cheese block: use Philly (not spreadable)
- Cheddar cheese: I enjoy pairing white cheddar with American cheddar. Use a Tex-Mex cheese blend, sharp cheddar, or Colby-Jack cheese.
- The dish of blue cheese is OPTIONAL. You can exclude it if you’re not a fan.
- green onions, sliced (can sub with chives).
Hints for creating the greatest Dip
ROOM TEMPERATURE SOFTEN CREAM CHEESE
Before cooking, remove it from the refrigerator for at least 20 to 30 minutes. Once it is placed in the hot skillet, it will continue to soften.
Use ROTISSERIE-COOKED (PRECOOKED) CHICKEN.
Cut into cubes, shred, then pull apart with two forks.
SKILLET OF CAST IRON.
This recipe uses a cast-iron skillet or another oven-safe pan to create and bake your dip.
If you don’t have either of those, cook the ingredients in a standard skillet on the stove according to the recipe’s instructions, then pour the buffalo dip mixture into a 1-quart (1-litre) baking dish and proceed from there.
CHANGE THE SPICE LEVEL.
Kids adore our recipe for buffalo dip since it’s not overly spicy. But if you want a milder dip, you can HALF the hot sauce amount; if you want a spicier dip, you can ADD MORE. Your decision!
Good things with Buffalo Chicken Dips
This dip is so adaptable that pretty much anything may be served with it! Our favorite snacks include tortilla chips, potato chips, celery sticks, carrot sticks, red bell pepper sticks (capsicum sticks), sliced cucumber, and crusty bread pieces.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce
- 8 oz (250g) g block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup white Cheddar cheese freshly shredded
- 1/4 cup American cheddar freshly shredded
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional to serve)
- 2 teaspoons green onions, sliced ( or chives)
- Celery sticks carrot sticks, tortilla chips, crusty bread pieces, and potato chips, for serving
- The oven should be heated to 375°F (190°C). Put the oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat in an ovenproof pan or an 8-inch cast iron skillet. Garlic is cooked till aromatic (30 seconds). Once the sauce has thickened and reduced by half, add the chicken and spicy sauce (about 2 minutes).
- Cream cheese should be added when the heat is still low and mixed. Turn off the heat, mix in the sour cream, and sprinkle both kinds of cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake until the cheese has melted and the edges are bubbling (about 10 minutes). To brown the top, broil (or grill) for an additional minute.
- Green onions and blue cheese should be added as soon as possible. Serve alongside vegetable sticks, chips, and pieces of crusty bread for dipping.
Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 10g