We have been bringing this delectable salad to potlucks for as long as I can remember. Everyone enjoys a good taco salad dish, and this one is undoubtedly a hit!
This interesting addition to your daily menu includes seasoned ground Taco Salad, fresh lettuce, pinto beans, veggies, and of course, Doritos, all sauced up with a zingy dressing.
I enjoy salads, but occasionally they can get a little dull. The “same old salad” rut we frequently fall into is broken up by this Dorito Taco Salad. Not only is it simple to make, but it also tastes great!
Everything taco-inspired, including pasta dishes, casseroles, and salads, in particular, is to die for!
Something about the flavor of the taco seasoning, especially my homemade version, when combined with crisp, fresh lettuce is just divine.
This dish, which I cook using taco inspiration, is unquestionably the best because everyone loves it so much!
Making a taco salad
If you happen to have any taco beef left over from another dish, it would be ideal in this taco salad. In fact, on busy weeknights, I frequently make a double batch of taco meat to store in my freezer for extra quick meals.
I can defrost it in a matter of seconds to make quick tacos, taco salads, or even a platter of loaded nachos!
The remaining components are straightforward and convenient to have on hand. My cupboard is constantly stocked with canned pinto beans and chopped black olives. I always keep lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cheese, peppers, and sour cream on hand.
Of course, you can’t forget the Doritos. For this taco salad, we prefer the Nacho Cheese flavor, but you may substitute your own.
How to Prepare Taco Salad in Advance
This dinner can be made in advance! The key is to layer everything and then throw it all together just before serving. Ingredients are prevented from becoming soggy when prepared in layers.
- The cooked and spiced ground beef will be the bottom layer, and the dressing will be the top layer.
- Pinto beans and sliced olives are then arranged on top.
- Then add the peppers and tomatoes after that.
- The lettuce and onion are placed on top of them.
- cheese on top, please.
- Doritos shouldn’t be served till right before the meal.
This Dorito salad can be put up using the layering technique described above, then chilled for a quick meal at the end of a hectic day or to bring to a potluck or backyard barbecue. Just before serving, give everything a quick toss to coat, then watch the compliments come in!
What is a Taco Salad Made Of?
This recipe is adaptable based on your preferences or what you have on hand. Instead of using ground beef (or ground turkey), I’ve substituted diced chicken breast. I also add various kinds of peppers and spicy Doritos to boost the heat.
Make it your masterpiece by using the vegetables you prefer (corn is fantastic in this dish, too)! Simply put, it is incredibly simple to make, and to top it off, it tastes amazing!
Even though mixing the components is rather simple, to begin with, I like to use my favorite chopping tool to make it even simpler! It makes chopping a breeze and ensures reliable bite-sized bits every time.
Because I adore the taste they bring, I use the entire 10-ounce bag of Doritos in this recipe. Use as much or as little as you’d want, without a doubt! This summer, avoid making the same old salads. Your family and friends will be delighted by the Dorito Taco Salad you add to the menu!
Dorito Taco Salad
The finest meal to bring to a potluck is usually the Dorito Taco Salad. A spicy dressing, with tons of seasoned ground beef, carrots, beans, and Doritos!
|15 minutes to prepare
10 minutes for cooking
period: 25 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red or orange pepper chopped
- 10 ounces Nacho flavored Doritos
- 1 green pepper chopped
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- 1 can pinto beans be rinsed and drained
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- ¼ cup green onions chopped thin, leave a bit for garnish
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 16 ounces Catalina salad dressing
- sour cream optional garnish
- until no pink is visible, brown the ground meat. Remove any fat.
- Add the water and taco seasoning packet to a bowl. Simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened. Set apart for cooling.
- The lettuce, peppers, black olives, pinto beans, tomatoes, cheddar, and green onions should all be combined in a big bowl.
- Add the seasoned, chilled ground meat on top.
- Sprinkle the Doritos on top after slightly crushing them. Add Catalina dressing and toss to coat everything evenly.
- If preferred, garnish with more green onions and sour cream.
- Serve right away.
Toss right before serving to prevent the sogginess of the Doritos.
Calories: 524 | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 1538mg | Potassium: 470mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 1630IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 185mg | Iron: 2.5mg