Fresh bananas, a thick and creamy vanilla layer, and just-whipped cream are all layers of this simple Banana Pudding recipe, a traditional no-bake dessert.
This is the ideal dessert to prepare ahead of time and is popular all year long.
A Simple Favorite
One of those recipes that have been around forever is homemade banana pudding. That this dessert isn’t “technically” banana pudding is what makes it amusing.
It’s more akin to pudding with bananas. Whatever the case, it’s unquestionably a traditional recipe, just like Grandma used to serve for Sunday dinner.
This recipe is simple, quick, and delicious even though there are many variations of it, including the well-known Magnolia Bakery banana pudding (which is honestly SO good).
COOKIES Neapolitan wafer cookies should be used as the foundation layer. These squish down and take on a cake-like consistency.
Graham crackers, digestive biscuits, or chessmen cookies are additional cookie choices.
BANANAS Ripe bananas that are still yellow and slightly firm are considered to be fresh.
PUDDING Make vanilla pudding from scratch. Use your preferred homemade pudding recipe instead (remove the milk in the recipe), but make sure to let it cool down first.
In this recipe, I strongly advise against using banana pudding mix and instead calling for vanilla.
This dessert’s flavor will be altered by using a banana pudding mix, which will substitute a faux banana flavor for the fresh banana vanilla flavor that this dessert should have.
DRINKABLE CREAM While whipped topping can be used, this dish is much better with actual whipped cream.
Making Banana Pudding
This dessert recipe is simple and hassle-free. Make it in advance and let it sit for the night. As a result, the cookies become cake-like in texture.
Simply layer cookies, cut bananas, and a creamy pudding mixture to make bananas.
- Create the pudding and cream cheese combination (per the recipe below).
create your own whipped cream. Some of it should be folded into the cream cheese mixture.
- In a 9×13 pan or two 9×9 pans, arrange cookies first, followed by bananas. The cream cheese mixture should
- be added next, and then the whipped cream.
- 4 or more hours in the refrigerator.
Advice on This Recipe
- Use two 99 pans or a 913 pan for your dish. You can make this and serve it with a spoon in a trifle dish.
- Bananas Cover the bananas entirely with the other layers. As a result, they avoid turning brown.
- Time Allow the dessert to sit for at least 4 hours, but ideally overnight. This makes the cookies softer.
- Cream Whipping I add one or two packets of stabilizer, a powder that prevents your whipped cream from “wilting,” to my whipped cream. Personally, I prefer Dr. Oetker Whip.
Remember that this dish needs to sit for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight!
Just before serving, garnish with the bananas to prevent them from browning. After slicing them, squeeze some lemon juice over them to prevent browning if you’re going to leave them out for a while.
Although it can be stored in the fridge for a few days, this recipe is best enjoyed the day it is made. The bananas could start to leak a little, but they’ll still taste fantastic!
Simple Banana Pudding
With layers of fresh bananas, a thick and creamy vanilla pudding layer, and freshly whipped cream, Easy Banana is a classic no-bake recipe!
|15 minutes to prepare
chill out: 4 hours
4 hours 15 minutes in total
▢14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
▢8 ounces cream cheese softened
▢1 package instant vanilla pudding mix 6 servings size
▢2 cups milk
▢1 teaspoon vanilla
▢3 cups heavy cream
▢¼ cup powdered sugar
▢1 package Vanilla Wafer cookies
Instructions for Banana Pudding
- Beat cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk. Pudding mix, milk, and vanilla can be added; beat until combined.
- Beat heavy cream until soft peaks form in another bowl. Once you’ve added the sugar, keep beating until firm peaks form. Set aside 2 1/2 cups.
- A mixture of pudding and remaining whipped cream should be combined.
- Vanilla wafers should cover the bottom of a 9×13 pan before being covered in sliced bananas. Cover with pudding mixture.
- Add the last of the whipped cream on top. Overnight or for four hours, cover and chill.
Cookies Graham crackers, digestive biscuits, or chessmen cookies are further cookie choices.
Use two 9×9 pans or a 9×13 pan for the dish. You can make this and serve it with a spoon in a trifle dish.
Bananas Cover the bananas entirely with the other layers. As a result, they avoid turning brown.
Time Allow the dessert to sit for at least 4 hours, but ideally overnight. This makes the cookies softer.
Cream Whipping I add one or two packets of stabilizer, a powder that prevents your whipped cream from “wilting,” to my whipped cream. This recipe allows for the use of whipped topping.
Calories: 477 | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 238mg | Potassium: 359mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 1060IU | Vitamin C: 4.4mg | Calcium: 162mg | Iron: 0.2mg