A straightforward flavorful sauce covers the chicken, vegetables, and crispy cashews in the Cashew Chicken Stir Fry.
Order in at home
- green or red bell peppers
- the water chestnut
How to Prepare Cashew chicken stir fry
- Chicken: For this simple chicken stir-fry, I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts that I cut into 1-inch pieces. You might also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs as I use in my stir-fry with chicken and broccoli. The chicken and vegetables are coated in a simple sauce after being cooked until the chicken is golden brown.
- Sauce: The majority of the ingredients for the sauce are probably already in your pantry. The hoisin sauce could be the exception; it can be found in the ethnic foods department of most supermarkets.
- Toppings: With green onions, cilantro, and fresh, crisp bean sprouts, cashew chicken is delicious.
- Rice: Start cooking a pot of rice at the same time as you begin the chicken stir fry. Everything ought to be prepared simultaneously!
Cashew Chicken Fry
ten minutes to prepare
fifteen minutes to cook
period: 25 minutes
portions: 4 portions
Ingredients for Cashew chicken stir fry
for the stir fry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil divided use
- 2 small zucchini quartered lengthwise then sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup of mushrooms quartered
- 1 onion coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ⅓ cup roasted cashews unsalted or low sodium
for the sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- ⅓ cup chicken broth or water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- On medium heat, warm up 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil. When the onions are finished, remove them from the heat.
- When the vegetables are just starting to brown and become soft, add the mushrooms and zucchini to the skillet and simmer for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Vegetables should be taken out of the pan, placed on a platter, and covered to maintain warmth.
- After using a paper towel to clean the pan, add the final 2 tablespoons of oil. Heat up to a medium-high setting.
- Add salt and pepper to the chicken before placing it in the pan. Cook until well heated through and golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Cook the garlic for 30 seconds after adding it to the pan.
- Make the sauce while the chicken is cooking.
- Combine the chicken broth, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, sugar, and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables before adding them back to the skillet with the chicken. When the sauce has thickened, turn up the heat to high and simmer for a couple of minutes. If necessary, taste and add additional salt and pepper.
- Cashews are then added, and if preferred, rice is served right away.
Calories: 289 | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 822mg | Potassium: 881mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 230IU | Vitamin C: 23.3mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1.7mg