This hibachi steak with fried rice and hibachi vegetables will remind you of your favorite Japanese restaurant.
This restaurant-style cuisine, made with authentic ingredients and served with a side of ginger sauce, is the ideal way to get your fill of Asian food in the comfort of your own home.
This recipe’s secret ingredient (hint: it’s high-quality butter!) makes it the greatest.
What Makes This Recipe So Delicious?
- This hibachi steak is rich and delicious, cooked in creamy butter. I adore how the butter from Danish Creamery with a hint of sea salt takes this recipe to a whole new level of deliciousness.
- Having restaurant-quality hibachi at home is surprisingly easy with this delectable recipe! A delicious, filling supper is made up of saucy, perfectly cooked steak, fried rice with vegetables, sautéed hibachi vegetables, and flavor-packed ginger sauce.
How Do You Make It?
The whole recipe and ingredients list can be found below, but you can also find a fast explanation of how to make this recipe precisely, as well as helpful tips and information!
- To make the ginger sauce, combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Refrigerate it until you’re ready to serve!
- To create the fried rice, soften the onion and frozen vegetables in the pan, then push them to the side. Into the skillet, crack the eggs, and scramble them. After mixing in the cooked rice and butter, add the vegetables and soy sauce. To keep the fried rice warm, pack it tightly into bowls.
- Cook the steak in the same skillet as the rice until it’s browned on all sides. (Check out our expert advice on how to prepare the perfect steak!) Only stir the steak a few times to ensure that it browns evenly.
- In a different skillet, prepare the vegetables at the same time. Sauté until the vegetables are soft.
Serve with a dipping sauce made from ginger.
- The amount of time you cook your steak depends on whether you prefer it rare or well-done. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until slightly browned, for medium-rare. Cook for 3 minutes on medium, or until a piece of beef tapped with a spoon gives some resistance. 4-5 minutes for well done, or until the meat feels firm.
- Use leftover rice from a previous meal to make the finest fried rice ever. Buy pre-cooked rice from the grocery store to get even more restaurant-quality rice.
- This recipe calls for white rice, but any precooked rice will do, including brown or cauliflower rice.
Hibachi Steak with Vegetables and Fried Rice
|15-minute prep time
20 minutes to cook
35 minutes total
This flavorful hibachi steak is served with fried rice, hibachi vegetables, and a ginger sauce.
Ingredients For Hibachi Steak
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil divided
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil divided
- 6 tablespoons Danish Creamery European Style Butter divided
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce divided
- 3.5 teaspoons fresh lemon juice divided
For the Ginger Sauce
- ¼ yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
For the Fried Rice
- 4 cups cooked rice cool to the touch,
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup frozen vegetables
- ½ cup white onion cut in half then sliced into 1/2” pieces
For the Hibachi Steak
- 1 pound lean steak like sirloin or filet, fat trimmed then cut into bite-sized pieces against the grain
For the Hibachi Vegetables
- 1 zucchini large, ends trimmed then cut into 1/2” wide sticks
- 1 white onion large, cut into slices
- 2 cups baby Bella mushrooms quartered
To make the garlic sauce
- Combine the yellow onion, fresh ginger, white vinegar, soy sauce, and 12 tablespoons of lemon juice in a blender and puree until smooth. Allow chilling until ready to serve.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 tablespoons avocado oil over medium-high heat. Sauté sliced onion and frozen veggies for 3 minutes, or until onions are almost transparent.
- Transfer the vegetables to the pan’s side. Scramble eggs in a pan with a spatula until fully scrambled and cooked through. 4 cups cooked rice + 4 tbsp butter Mix in the veggies. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook for a further minute after adding 4 tablespoons of soy sauce. To keep fried rice warm, pack it tightly into bowls.
To prepare the steak and vegetables (Made Simultaneously)
- To make the steak: In the same skillet or wok used for fried rice, heat 12 tablespoons of sesame oil and 1 tablespoon of avocado oil. In a large skillet, combine the steak, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon butter, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Cook steak until all sides are browned. (Cook time is listed in the notes.)
- Heat 12 teaspoons sesame oil and 1 tablespoon avocado oil in a separate big skillet or wok over medium-high heat for the veggies. In a skillet, combine the chopped onion, baby Bella mushrooms, zucchini, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Sauté for 6-8 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
Cook for about 2 minutes, or until slightly browned, for medium-rare steak. Cook for 3 minutes on medium, or until a piece of beef tapped with a spoon gives some resistance. 4-5 minutes for well done, or until the meat feels firm.
Best fried rice recipe: Make use of leftover rice from a previous meal. Buy pre-cooked rice from the grocery store to get even more restaurant-quality rice.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 529kcal, Carbohydrates: 42g, Protein: 28g, Fat: 28g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 131mg, Sodium: 1735mg, Potassium: 718mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 2497IU, Vitamin C: 14mg, Calcium: 72mg, Iron: 3mg, Net Carbs: 39g