- Food: Garlic Bread
- Writer: Lizzie Green
- Content-Type: Food Blog
Skip the Texas Toast in favor of this rich, buttery garlic toast that is poured with savory garlic taste. The entire batch will be gone in a matter of minutes!
This handmade garlic bread is, in theory, the ideal side dish. It’s quick and simple to prepare, pairs nicely with a variety of main courses, and tastes great. So, what exactly is the issue?
Whenever I make this garlic bread recipe, it never ends up as a side dish. Of course, Jack and I couldn’t resist trying a couple of pieces right off the baking sheet.
We’ve already made a significant dent in it by the time it reaches the table. We’ve almost finished the entire batch by the conclusion of the supper. So, how about a side dish? I’m not so sure about us.
All of this is to say that we adore this handmade garlic bread, and I believe you will as well if you give it a try.
It’s crunchy at the edges, soft and buttery in the middle, and dripping with garlic taste. It can be a snack, a side dish, or even part of a meal (oops!). It’ll be a hit no matter what.
Ingredients for Garlic Bread
You only need a few basic items to prepare this garlic bread recipe:
- Of course, there’s bread! A decent baguette or soft French bread is a must-have.
- Garlic butter (softened butter, fresh garlic, parsley, and salt) – I create this simple spread using softened butter, fresh garlic, parsley, and salt. It’s ideal for injecting buttery garlic flavor into garlic toast.
- For a delicious, cheesy flavor, use parmesan cheese. Also works well with a sprinkling of Vegan Parmesan.
- Flaky sea salt — Seasons the bread and adds a lovely crunch to the topping.
- Parsley, chopped — For a fresh flavor and lovely green flecks.
- Optional: red pepper flakes for heat.
Garlic Bread: A Step-by-Step Guide
My method for making this bread is quite simple! This is how it works:
- Prepare the bread first. Cut it in half lengthwise and spread the cut sides generously with the butter mixture.
- Then bake it. Place the bread on a baking pan and bake at 350° for 8 minutes, or until the butter has melted.
- After that, broil. Place the bread under the broiler for 2-5 minutes, or until the edges are a toasted golden brown.
- Finally, season with salt and pepper and serve! Remove the garlic bread from the oven and, if preferred, sprinkle it with Parmesan, parsley, flaky salt, and red pepper flakes. Slice it into 3-inch chunks and eat it immediately, either alone or as a side dish. We enjoy it with pasta dishes such as lasagna, stuffed shells, and baked ziti, as well as a Caesar salad, to complete the meal.
|Time to Prepare: 10 minutes
Time to cook: 10 minutes
Crispy, buttery, and oozing with garlic flavor, this easy homemade garlic bread is a must-try. We appreciate it as a side dish with lasagna, stuffed shells, and baked ziti, among other pasta dishes.
- 2-foot (15-ounce) baguette
- Garlic Butter
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, or Vegan Parmesan
- Flaky sea salt
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the bread in half lengthwise, set the pieces on the baking sheet, and spread the cut sides with garlic butter.
- Bake for 8 minutes cut-side-up, then broil for 2 to 5 minutes until golden brown around the edges. If preferred, top with Parmesan, flaky sea salt, parsley, and red pepper flakes. Slice and serve immediately.