- Food: Garlic Butter
- Writer: Nicolas Wilson
- Content-Type: Food Blog
Learn how to create garlic butter from scratch with only four ingredients! It’s a fantastic topping for potatoes, dinner rolls, noodles, and more, and it’s creamy, flavorful, and rich.
What could be better than ordinary butter? Butter with garlic! This spread is buttery and thick, with a delicious garlic flavor to match. It’s easy to make and keeps in the fridge for several days.
It is great for slathering on bagels and toast, tossing with noodles, and putting onto baked potatoes, among other things. It’s such a simple way to boost the flavor of regular foods.
How to make Garlic Butter?
One of the simplest recipes on the blog has to be this homemade garlic butter. It just necessitates the use of four essential ingredients:
- freshly chopped fresh parsley or chives,
- and unsalted butter
Important note: For this recipe to work, the butter must be at room temperature. Set it out on the counter for at least an hour to allow it to soften.
Place all of the ingredients in a small bowl and mix until fully incorporated after the butter is soft and spreadable.
You can eat the butter straight immediately or put it in the fridge to use later. So simple!
How to Use It?
This can be used in a variety of ways. Here are some of my personal favorites:
- For a delicious side dish, snack, or appetizer, spread it on French bread or a warm baguette. You could also serve the bread and butter alongside cheese and crudités on a cheese board or crudité tray!
- Make garlic bread with it. That’s correct! The first step in creating homemade garlic bread is to make this simple garlic butter. My recipe can be found here.
- Allow it to melt on top of mashed potatoes. It’s delicious on mashed potatoes, Instant Pot mashed potatoes, and this garlic-mashed cauliflower!
- Make a smear of it on a roasted potato. Alternatively, a roasted sweet potato.
- To prepare a quick garlic butter sauce, toss it with pasta. It doesn’t get any better than this when it comes to butter noodles.
- Serve it over simply prepared vegetables like steamed broccoli or sautéed mushrooms.
- Make homemade cornbread, jalapeno cornbread, or dinner buns with it. This recipe is ideal as a side dish for practically any supper!
- Rub it on the cobs of corn. Whether boiled or grilled, the choice is yours.
- For a quick and delicious breakfast, spread it on a toasted bagel.
|Time to Prepare: 5 minutes
This simple garlic butter can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. It’s a fantastic bread, potato, and vegetable topping. In the post above, you’ll find my favorite serving choices.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley or chives
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine the softened butter, parsley, garlic, and salt in a small mixing basin.
- Serve with toasted baguette or garlic bread baked in the oven. More Serving ideas can be found in the previous post.
Use vegan butter and leave out the salt to make this dish vegan.