Food: Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Content-Type: Food Blog
The ideal healthy breakfast is this delicious strawberry banana smoothie!
This strawberry banana smoothie is somewhat creamy, a little sweet, and utterly filling. To put it mildly, the air is thick and humid here.
As soon as you step outside, the heat sort of knocks the wind out of you. However, I’m not complaining because the body always adjusts to our summer temperatures within a few weeks.
Water intake is crucial. I’ve been on a smoothie kick lately because drinking eight glasses of water (I don’t know who suggested that) is simply not enough.
CREATING A SMOOTHIE
- Fruit, almond milk, ice, and any sweetener should all be added to your blender.
- Add a little more honey or maple syrup if your smoothie is too tart.
BLENDER RECIPE ADVICE
- Make your smoothie thick by using frozen fruit.
- Start with less almond milk for a thicker smoothie; you can always add more as you combine.
VARIATIONS ON THE STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE RECIPE
I like to use a combination of strawberries and raspberries, but if you want to embrace the strawberry banana trend, use 2 cups of strawberries and a full banana in place of the strawberries and raspberries.
You may use fresh or frozen fruit in this smoothie recipe; simply use less ice if you choose frozen fruit. I recommend experimenting with the optional basil or mint because they give this beverage a nice freshness.
STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE
In the blender, this revitalizing recipe comes together quickly. Perfect as a nutritious breakfast or for hot summer days.
Serves: 2 to 3
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries and ice
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup almond milk or oat milk
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- A handful of mint or basil, optional
- Blend the banana, almond milk, honey or maple syrup, basil, if used, raspberries, strawberries, and ice in a food processor, until smooth, and blend.
- Taste. Add another 1/2 cup or so of almond milk and another spoonful of honey or maple syrup if you find the flavor to be too tart.
*Strain to remove seeds as an optional step: All ingredients—except ice—are blended. Remove the strawberry seeds using a strainer before adding the liquid, and ice, and blending once more.