These country-style ribs are tasty and tender! The dry rub gives them a lovely crunchy coating, and the barbecue sauce makes them juicy and tasty.
Who knew the Instant Pot was the easiest and finest way to make country-style ribs?!
What Makes This Recipe So Delectable?
- It’s the simplest country rib recipe you’ll ever come across. And I mean effortless from start to finish, including cleanup! The Instant Pot is all you’ll need – just put it together, cook it, and eat it.
- The spices used in this recipe give it that classic barbecue flavor we all know and love. A dry rub is also a terrific way to get a lot of flavor in a small amount of time.
- It’s the ideal protein for a quick dinner! For a great low-carb dinner, serve these Instant Pot country-style ribs with vegetables or a salad.
Ribs in the Country Style – Keep an eye out for ribs with a lot of marbling! As it cooks, a well-marbled rib will become extremely soft and flaky.
Smoked Paprika — In comparison to plain paprika, smoked paprika has a slightly smoky flavor. To give it a more typical barbecue flavor, I like to use smoked paprika in this recipe. If you don’t have smoked paprika on hand, normal paprika will suffice.
Beef Broth — The Instant Pot requires liquid to cook, and using beef broth, in particular, enhances the richness and flavor of this recipe. If you don’t have beef broth on hand, 1 cup of water can be used instead.
- Before applying the spices, pat the country-style ribs dry with a paper towel. By thoroughly drying the meat before cooking, more flavor will adhere to the ribs.
- You can use any kind of barbecue sauce you choose! For example, this time I used a Kansas City-style sauce, which was perfectly sweet and tasty.
- If you’re using frozen meat, simply add another 20 minutes to the cooking time in the Instant Pot. You don’t have to thaw the ribs before using them in this recipe.
Country-Style Ribs in Instant Pot
|5 minutes to prepare
45 minutes to cook
50 minutes in total
These Instant Pot country-style ribs are tasty and tender!
The dry rub gives them a lovely crunchy coating, and the barbecue sauce makes them juicy and tasty. Who knew the Instant Pot was the easiest and finest way to make country-style ribs?!
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar see Notes for Paleo
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika see Notes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 pounds of country-style ribs
- 1 cup beef broth see Notes
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- Small bowl
- Instant Pot
Instructions For Country-Style Ribs
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the chili powder, brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, black pepper, and salt.
- Season both sides of the ribs with the seasoning.
- In your Instant Pot, combine the beef broth, BBQ sauce, and ribs. Set to manual for 45 minutes, then high pressure.
- Remove the ribs and serve with more BBQ sauce after manually releasing the steam.
- Make it Paleo-friendly: Use coconut sugar instead of brown sugar and a paleo barbeque sauce like this to make these ribs paleo.
- If you don’t have smoked paprika, you can substitute plain paprika.
- If you don’t want to use beef broth, you can use water instead.
This recipe makes around 4 servings. The nutritional values displayed are for one serving. The macros may differ slightly based on the ingredient brands utilized.
Prepare the recipe as directed, then weigh the entire batch when finished to determine the amount of one serving.
Divide the entire weight (not including the bowl, pot, or dish in which the food is served) by four. The weight of one serving will be the result.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 508kcal, Carbohydrates: 20g, Protein: 44g, Fat: 27g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 164mg, Sodium: 1346mg, Potassium: 898mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 15g, Vitamin A: 943IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 82mg, Iron: 3mg, Net Carbs: 19g