Food: Fresh Mango Salad
- Writer: Lizzie Green
- Content-Type: Food Blog
This fresh mango salsa is delightfully sweet and spicy, incredibly easy to prepare, and utterly delicious. Plus, it’s so bright that up close, it nearly looks like confetti.
To make this simple salsa, you’ll only need six ingredients
- ripe mangos
- red bell pepper
- red onion
Mango Salsa’s Uses
This mango salsa would go great with fish tacos or really any fresh, Mexican-inspired food. It goes excellent with chips, guacamole, and black bean tacos, as I can attest. At my friend’s potluck dinner, it was a tremendous hit!
You may also eat it straight from the bowl as a salad or serve it on top of a salad. That’s how good it is.
FRESH MANGO SALSA
|15-minute prep time
15-minute total time 3 cups
Yield: 3 cups
This easy-to-make mango salsa is bright and vivid. It’s sweet, spicy, and utterly delectable. Serve this fresh mango salad with chips, tacos, salads, or on its own. That’s how good it is. This recipe makes roughly 3 cups of salsa.
- 3 sliced ripe mangos (see photos)
- 12 cup chopped red onion 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced 14 cups packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, juiced (about 14 cups lime juice)
- 1/8 to 14% teaspoon salt, according to one’s personal preference
Instructions For Mango Salsa
- Combine the mango, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, and jalapeno in a serving bowl. Drizzle with one lime juice.
- Stir the items together using a big spoon. Season with salt to taste and toss one more. Allow the salsa to rest for at least 10 minutes for the greatest flavor.
- SUGGESTION FOR STORAGE: I’ll be surprised if you have any salsa left over! The salsa can be kept in the refrigerator for several days if covered. It’ll be great if you eat it right away.