$1.43 RECIPE / $0.24 SERVING
As I rummaged in my refrigerator for sauces to dip my homemade baked chicken nuggets in, I discovered I was missing the one condiment I truly desired: Honey Mustard Sauce.
The preparation of this homemade sauce involves only a few minutes and basic pantry ingredients.
This sauce was so tangy, creamy, sweet, and delicious that I couldn’t stop licking the spoon! Fortunately, I set aside some for my chicken nuggets.
WHAT IS HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE MADE OF?
Honey mustard sauce is the greatest sweet, tangy, and creamy sauce made with simple ingredients such as honey, mustard, mayonnaise, vinegar, and a few spices.
It requires only a few minutes to prepare and has multiple applications. Once you’ve made a batch, you’ll probably want to spread some sauce over everything!
HOW TO SERVE:
This week, I used it as a dip for my Homemade Baked Chicken Nuggets, but it also works wonderfully as:
- a dip for fresh vegetables
- a spread for wraps and sandwiches
- Honey Mustard Broccoli Salad
- dressing for chicken salad
- dressing for green salads
- a glaze or sauce for grilled or roasted meats
HOW TO STORE:
This delicious sauce should be refrigerated at all times. I do not recommend storing the sauce for longer than 4-5 days, so be sure to alter the recipe size accordingly. The quantity can be modified in the “servings” box of the recipe below. All of the components will automatically alter as the number of servings changes.
HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE
Servings: 6; 2 Tbsp. each
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise ($0.80)
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard ($0.09)
- 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard ($0.09)
- 3 Tbsp. honey ($0.36)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar ($0.02)
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder ($0.02)
- 1/8 tsp paprika ($0.02)
- 1/8 tsp salt ($0.02)
- freshly cracked pepper (about 5 cranks of a pepper mill) ($0.02)
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and whisk until smooth. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Serving: 2 Tbsp
- Calories: 170.55 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 10.05 g
- Protein: 0.05 g
- Fat: 14.67 g
- Sodium: 282.12 mg
- Fiber: 0.03 g
HOW TO MAKE HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE – DIRECTIONS
- This sauce is simply only a single step! Simply whisk or stir the ingredients (1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon yellow mustard, 3 tablespoons honey, 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/8 teaspoon paprika, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and some freshly cracked pepper) in a bowl until smooth.
Seriously, however. It tastes as good and tart as it appears. Time to start plunging!! … Or over everything and anything.