- Recipe: Chocolate Almond Smoothie
- Writer: Nicolas Wilson
- Content-Type: Food Blog
Chocolate smoothies with banana and almond milk that are rich and creamy. Gluten-free and vegan.
Now that January is over and Valentine’s Day is approaching, I believe it’s time to switch from kale beverages to rich and creamy chocolatey delights. After all, we’ve been good… haven’t we?
Chocolate almond milk is something you might not expect to find in our fridge.
Every morning, Jack has a mocha with it. He also gives us milkless milkshakes on occasion (kindly accommodating for my lactose intolerance). He doesn’t cook very often, but he has two specific responsibilities: 2. Blender-man and 1. Coffee Pour-er
This is his latest blended delicacy… frozen bananas with chocolate almond milk and gooey almond butter… with a touch of cinnamon for a spicy unexpected twist.
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons Chocolate Almond Breeze Almondmilk
- ¼ cup creamy almond butter
- 1 frozen banana
- a handful of ice (or freeze your chocolate milk and skip the ice)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- optional – espresso powder
- coconut cream
- cinnamon or cocoa powder for dusting
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, taste, and adjust seasonings as needed (more banana, more almond milk, more almond butter, etc). You can make it as light as you want it to be, or as rich and thick as you want it to be.
- Add a dollop of coconut cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon or cocoa powder on top.
- Coconut cream is made by freezing a can of full-fat coconut milk overnight, then spooning the thick part off the top and stirring it until smooth.