This chipotle aioli is smokey, creamy, garlicky, and wonderful, and it only takes 3 minutes to make!
You’ll want to have a jar of this chipotle aioli in the fridge at all times because it’s delicious on tacos or as a simple condiment.
What Makes This Sauce So Delectable?
- To give it a little kick, it has just the proper amount of chipotle pepper and adobo sauce. If you like things spicy, you can always add more!
- One of my favorite dipping sauces for fries is chipotle aioli, but it’s also really adaptable. I use it in a variety of dishes, including these tortilla wraps and chicken stuffed sweet potatoes. Try substituting chipotle aioli for the special sauce on these stacked burger bowls — GAME CHANGER!
- The macros are ideal for keto eaters because this sauce is made with mayonnaise. It’s a simple and tasty way to get a little extra fat in your day.
- It’s ideal for dinner preparation. It will last up to a week in an airtight jar in the fridge. I prefer to keep everything on hand because it’s so simple to make and requires so few ingredients – you never know when the ideal chance for chipotle aioli will arise!
Mayonnaise – Mayonnaise is frequently the foundation of a wonderful aioli, and I don’t understand why you should alter something that isn’t broken! You may use store-bought mayonnaise or create your own in less than a minute.
I always encourage full-fat foods, but if you need or want to lighten things up a bit, try a lower-fat mayonnaise or replace half of the mayonnaise with unsweetened yogurt. Keep in mind that a light mayo may impact the consistency of the chipotle aioli.
Don’t skip the Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce. If you had to, you could use chipotle powder, but it won’t be the same. Chipotle peppers in adobo are slightly smoky and sweet, with an incredible spiciness.
Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce may be found in most supermarket stores! If you’re gluten-free, avoid products that include wheat flour. If you’re following the keto diet, avoid flour and choose a brand that has very little or no sugar.
- Because this chipotle aioli uses entire chipotle peppers, you’ll need to combine it to create a creamy sauce consistency. You might also use a food processor. If you don’t have one of these pieces of equipment, you may either finely mince the peppers and whisk everything together by hand, or you can skip the peppers and just use additional adobo sauce instead.
- The chipotle peppers provide the heat in this recipe, so if this is your first time using them, start with 1 or 2 and taste the sauce before adding more chiles as needed.
|5 minutes to prepare
0 minutes to cook
5 minutes total
This chipotle aioli is smokey, creamy, garlicky, and wonderful, and it only takes 3 minutes to make! You’ll want to have a jar of this chipotle aioli in the fridge at all times because it’s delicious on tacos or as a simple condiment.
- 1 cup mayonnaise see Notes for vegan
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice plus more to taste
- 4-5 chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo, see Notes for gluten free
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Blender (or immersion blender, or food processor)
Instructions For Chipotle Aioli
- In a blender, combine all ingredients. Blend on high until completely smooth.
- Use vegan mayonnaise to make it vegan.
- Use gluten-free adobo sauce to make it gluten-free. Check the ingredients list on store-bought versions to see if they contain flour.
This recipe serves roughly 8 people. The nutritional values displayed are for one serving. The macros may differ slightly based on the ingredient brands utilized.
Prepare the recipe as directed, then weigh the completed product to calculate the size of one serving. Divide the total weight (excluding the weight of the sauce container) by eight. The weight of one serving will be the result.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 199kcal, Carbohydrates: 2g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 21g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 12mg, Sodium: 525mg, Potassium: 11mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 395IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 5mg, Iron: 1mg, Net Carbs: 1g