- Food: Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Writer: Nicolas Wilson
- Content-Type: Food Blog
This delicious strawberry banana smoothie is a great way to start your day. It’s gently sweet, creamy, and completely delightful.
“I felt like I was swimming when I walked outdoors,” Jack commented the other day as I picked him up from the airport after a flight from LA. To put it mildly, it’s hot and humid here, and the air is thick.
It’s the kind of heat that takes your breath away the moment you go outside. But I’m not complaining; the body adjusts to our summer temperatures in a matter of weeks.
The key is to stay hydrated. I’ve been on a smoothie kick lately because eight glasses of water (I’m not sure who suggested that) isn’t enough, and this delicious strawberry banana smoothie recipe is my new fave.
This smoothie was originally made for Jack. No matter what the weather is like outside, he’s a smoothie man. However, I’ve been waking up extra thirsty recently, so this luscious berry smoothie delight has been extremely satisfying.
How to Make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie?
- Fill your blender halfway with fruit, almond milk, ice, and a pinch of sugar, if desired.
- Add a little more honey or maple syrup if your smoothie is too tart.
Tips for Smoothies
- Use frozen fruit for a thicker smoothie.
- Start with less almond milk for a thicker smoothie; you can always add more as you combine.
Variations on the Strawberry Banana Smoothie
I like to make this smoothie with a combination of strawberries and raspberries, but if you want to go all-out strawberry banana, use 2 cups of strawberries instead of strawberries and raspberries, and a full banana instead of a half banana.
This smoothie recipe can be made with either fresh or frozen fruit; if using frozen fruit, reduce the amount of ice used.
I recommend adding the optional basil or mint because they offer a nice freshness to the drink.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
|Time to Prepare: 5 minutes
Time allotted: 5 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3
This delightful smoothie recipe comes together in seconds in the blender. It’s ideal for hot summer days or a nutritious breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup almond milk, or oat milk
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups ice
- A handful of mint or basil, optional
- In a blender, combine the raspberries, strawberries, banana, almond milk, honey or maple syrup, basil, if desired, and ice. Blend until completely smooth.
- Taste. Add another 1/2 cup of almond milk and another spoonful of honey or maple syrup if it’s too tart for you.
- Straining to remove seeds is an optional step: Except for the ice, combine all ingredients in a blender. Strain the liquid to remove the strawberry seeds, then return it to the blender with the ice and pulse until everything is well blended.