With only a few minutes of preparation and a few seasonings, the air fryer produces extremely tender and juicy chicken breasts.
On busy nights, this meal will most likely be a go-to choice! They are delicious on their own or cut over a salad and have a lovely golden crust and are delightfully juicy.
Why Cooking Chicken Breasts in an Air Fryer Will Be Your Favorite?
- Almost everything I cook is air fried since it is quick and simple (I have a 5.8QT Cosori Air Fryer).
- There is very little preparation required for this.
- There are simply a few ingredients needed. Use any seasoning mix, including the ones listed below, as well as your preferred chicken seasoning.
- Every time, the outcomes are juicy. Our absolute fave 20-minute dishes.
- Making meals in advance is a terrific idea.
Use this recipe for air-fried chicken breast in your favorite meal preparation dishes, such as chicken salad or burrito bowls. Serve it over a Caesar salad or slice it for sandwiches. endless opportunities
The weight of a chicken breast can range from 5 to 10 ounces. This dish calls for 6-7 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts. (We make air fryer chicken thighs using this recipe.) It will take four chicken breasts of 6 oz. to weigh 1 1/2 lbs.
Spices are easy to use. All you need is olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. For this dish, kosher salt is preferred.
Variations in Seasoning
Try substituting the flavors with Homemade Taco Seasoning, your favorite spice blends, or seasoning mixes from your pantry like Greek seasoning or lemon pepper.
These turn out to be so juicy that salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning are excellent by themselves.
Brine or a marinade?
For lean meats like pork chops, a brine works wonders. While many recipes call for brines, we prefer to use our air fryer for quick and simple last-minute meals. So we claim brine is not necessary!
You can air-fried extremely juicy chicken breasts without bringing them as long as you don’t overcook them.
Additionally, marinating is not required, but if you want to add some extra flavor, you can use a chicken marinade.
If the marinade was wet when you added the chicken, make sure to remove any extra so the air fryer can crisp up the outside of the chicken.
Chicken Breast Air Fryer Instructions
You should include this in your collection of healthy chicken breast dishes, just like baked or grilled chicken!
- Chicken should be rubbed with spice and a little olive oil (per the recipe below).
- Make sure to leave room around each chicken breast before placing it in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 16 to 19 minutes, turning every 10 minutes.
Before cutting, rest for a few minutes.
How long chicken breasts should be cooked in an air fryer?
This is for 6-7 oz. chicken, please note. The weight of a chicken breast can range from 5 to 10 ounces. Adapt cooking times as necessary.
For around 10 minutes, cook the chicken.
Cook for an additional 6 to 9 minutes after flipping them.
Make sure the chicken’s internal temperature reaches 165°F using an instant-read thermometer.
NOTE: To prevent overcooking, make sure to check the chicken’s temperature a few minutes in advance. There are many different types of appliances.
Guides to Success
- A few brushstrokes of BBQ sauce will add a delicious taste and gooey coating.
- Inspect for completion A meat thermometer should be inserted in the thickest area a few minutes before cooking. Chicken needs to be 165°F.
- Before serving, give the chicken 5 minutes to rest.
- When seasoning chicken, rub the spice into the meat, being sure to completely cover the chicken.
- Avoid overcooking.
- 4 boneless chicken 6-7 oz each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
seasoning mix (or use your favorite seasoning blend)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 370°F for air fryer preheating Combine the spice mixture.
- Rub olive oil on the chicken. Use the mixture or your preferred seasoning blend to season.
- Cook chicken in the air fryer for 10 minutes, making sure they don’t overlap.
- Chicken should be cooked for an additional 6 to 9 minutes or until it reaches 165°F on the other side. Avoid overcooking.
- Before slicing, rest for five minutes.
Use an instant-read thermometer to check that the chicken has reached 165°F for the best results. Avoid overcooking.
The amount of time needed to cook chicken depends on its size and shape; this recipe calls for 6-7 ounces of chicken. Appliances might vary, and chicken can be anywhere between 5 and 10 ounces in size. Adapt cooking times as necessary.
Other seasoning choices include cajun seasoning, lemon pepper, Greek seasoning blend, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
You can use 4 chickens if they all fit in your basket without touching. Cook them in batches if they’re huge, or just use three chickens (seasoning will remain the same). A few extra minutes should be added to the cooking time for larger chicken.