The ideal “put it and forget it” variation of our go-to Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe is this simple Crock Pot tortilla soup.
It provides a Crock Pot Tortilla Soup that can be prepared directly in the slow cooker. You probably already have the majority of the ingredients in your refrigerator and cupboard!
The best slow cooker soup recipes, like this one, include a wide range of tastes and colors.
Tender chicken breasts, tomatoes, and a touch of spiciness from jalapenos are combined with a foundation of chicken broth!
For a wonderful weekday meal, top the cooked version of this simple crockpot soup recipe with crispy tortilla strips (or even tortilla chips)!
How to Prepare Tortilla Soup in a Slow Cooker?
Simply put the ingredients in the crock pot and walk away, much like with slow cooker chicken enchilada soup. Shred the chicken just before serving, and take pleasure! very simple
- Add to the Crock Pot after softening onion, garlic, and jalapeno (or green chilies) in olive oil.
- Cook everything in the slow cooker for four hours on high or eight hours on low.
- Cooked chicken should be shredded and added back to the soup just before serving.
For added crunch, serve with torn-up tortilla chips or strips.
Even while this Crock Pot Tortilla Soup dish is a complete dinner in and of itself, everyone may customize their own delicious version with a few more “mix-ins” on the side.
To add texture, tortilla strips are placed on top of a classic chicken tortilla soup (tortilla chips are a great substitution). Over hot tortilla soup, shredded cheddar, or Monterey jack cheese will melt to perfection. Garnish with chopped cilantro, pepperoncini slices, or black olive slices for a vibrant Mexican taste.
- 6 6-inch corn tortillas cut into ¼-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic large, minced
- 1 jalapeño diced and seeded
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 14 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 can Rotel
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 14 ½ oz black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 chicken breasts
- ¼ cup cilantro
- In olive oil, cook the jalapeno, onion, and garlic. Add to the slow cooker’s base.
- Cook the remaining ingredients in the slow cooker for 4 hours on high, omitting the tortillas and oil.
- Add chicken that has been shredded to the pot. Serve alongside tortilla chips.
- In a small pan, heat the oil to medium-high heat. Small batches of tortilla strips should be added and fried until crisp. Drain with salt and paper towels.