- Food: Pomegranate Salad
- Writer: Nicolas Wilson
- Content-Type: Food Blog
This pomegranate salad is the epitome of winter comfort food. It’s a tasty tangle of bright, creamy, and crunchy components, with almonds, feta, and a sour vinaigrette.
Ingredients for Pomegranate Salad
The indulgences aren’t finished yet, with New Year’s Eve just around the corner… All the more incentive to eat plenty of vegetables along the road.
This winter salad is a spin-off from the sweet potato salad I was enamored with at the start of the season. Using crimson pomegranate arils and brilliant green pistachios, I made it a little more festive for the holidays. Here’s what else you’ll find inside:
- Sweet potatoes that have been roasted lend heartiness and a toasted taste to this delicious salad.
- It’s flecked with bright, fresh aromas from cilantro and scallions.
- Feta cheese provides a sour taste and a creamy texture to the dish.
- Salad greens add more veggie strength and a light base to the dish. Plus, the green contrasts beautifully with the orange sweet potatoes!
- The dish is brought together with a tangy dressing consisting of white wine vinegar, honey, olive oil, and garlic.
This salad is great as a side dish for dinner parties, but I also eat it as a healthy meal on its own! Add a handful of roasted chickpeas for added protein and crunch if you want to bulk it up a little.
Salad with Sweet Potatoes and Pomegranates
|Preparation time: 10 minutes
Time to cook: 20 minutes
30 minutes total
This festive pomegranate salad is sure to please! Pomegranate seeds, crunchy, toasty pistachios, substantial sweet potatoes, and tangy feta cheese are a fantastic mix.
- Sweet potatoes, roasted: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Drizzle some olive oil, salt, and pepper over the sweet potato cubes and roast for 20-30 minutes, or until the edges start to turn a darker brown.
- To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Combine the olive oil, garlic, honey, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Taste and adjust as needed.
- Combine the roasted sweet potatoes, greens, pomegranate, feta, pistachios, cilantro, and scallions in a salad bowl. Serve with a gentle tossing of the dressing.