Cucumber water is a refreshing drink. It is incredibly simple to create and is wonderful if you’re bored of drinking plain water.
This water provides health benefits in addition to taste like a spa day, and we love keeping a pitcher in the fridge throughout the spring and summer!
Why Is This Recipe So Delicious?
- Cucumber water comes in handy when normal tap or bottled water just won’t suffice. It’s the ideal drink for quenching your thirst.
- It’s much better than a sugary soda, sports drink, or diet drink loaded with saccharin or aspartame because it’s high in antioxidants and nutrients. This water is extremely hydrating and is one of our favorite ways to feel revitalized!
Water – If you live somewhere with amazing tap water, that’s fantastic! Otherwise, bottled or purified water would suffice.
Cucumber – You can use a standard cucumber in your water if you don’t have an English cucumber, but we prefer English. It’s a seedless cucumber with a thinner skin that’s longer and sweeter.
Health Advantages of Cucumber Water
Cucumber water has numerous health benefits (particularly if you select it over other beverages), but here are a few of them:
- Antioxidants can help prevent or reverse the damage that free radicals cause in the body. Free radicals can cause diabetes, cancer, heart disease, and other health problems when they run amok.
- Skin-friendly – It’s high in vitamin B, which is beneficial to the skin, particularly acne-prone skin. Cucumber water can also be used to wash your face.
- Maintains hydration – It’s a lot simpler to drink 8 (or more!) glasses of water a day when the water is delicious! Staying hydrated benefits your body in a variety of ways, including lubricating joints, avoiding infections, transporting nutrients to cells, enhancing mood and sleep quality, and so on.
- Could aid in cancer prevention – Cucumbers include many components that, according to preliminary study, may help the body fight cancer. Fisetin, in particular, may aid in the slowing of prostate cancer progression.
- Can aid weight loss – Drinking cucumber water instead of other beverages can help you cut calories from your diet. Also, you may believe you are hungry when you are actually dehydrated. To ensure that you’re getting adequate fluids and that those afternoon munchies are actually munchies, drink a glass of before or between meals.
Variations in Flavor
To make diverse flavored infused waters, combine cucumber slices with a range of other fruits and herbs.
When we’re feeling fancy, we like to add a couple of cups of fresh or frozen pineapple and approximately 10-20 sprigs of mint. Also try these other ingredients:
- Watermelon and Limes
- Ginger and
- orange and rosemary
- Strawberry and Mint
|5 minutes to prepare
0 minutes to cook
15 minutes of infusion
20 minutes total
Cucumber water is a refreshing drink. It is incredibly simple to create and is wonderful if you’re bored of drinking plain water. This water provides health benefits in addition to taste like a spa day, and we love keeping a pitcher in the fridge throughout the spring and summer!
- 1 medium English cucumber sliced into ¼” rounds
- 8 cups water
- In a pitcher, combine cucumber and water.
- Allow at least 15 minutes, preferably 1 hour, to infuse before serving. Pour over ice and serve immediately.
Consider these flavor combinations:
- Mint and pineapple
- Strawberries and limes
- rosemary and orange (or ginger)
- Lemon \sGinger
- Mint and strawberry
Serving: 1cup, Calories: 6kcal, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 13mg, Potassium: 55mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 39IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 13mg, Iron: 1mg