Everyone enjoys garlic cheese toast because it’s the ideal vehicle for soaking up the flavorful juices of various sauces.
Thick white bread that has been spread with a variety of cheeses, butter, and garlic(garlic cheese toast), then baked until bubbling and browned. Why not adore it?
Why This Is Our Favorite Recipe!
Butter. Cheese. Garlic. Bread. ‘ Enough said.
This quick and simple dish may be grilled outside or in the oven under the broiler with some steak or chicken!
With the cheese, you may get creative and experiment with flavors. Any type of cheese will do.
It’s so simple to pair garlic cheese toast with soups, salads, or entrees. Even by itself, it makes for a quick and cheesy snack.
BREAD You should use thickly sliced white bread, either regular or sourdough, for the greatest garlic cheese toast.
It sometimes appears in the frozen department of the grocery store and is referred to as “Texas Toast.” A thick slice of bread is ideal for dipping into soups and sauces as well as holding toppings!
BUTTER For optimal results, use butter. Margarine will also work, although it won’t have as much taste as butter.
CHEESE Cheddar, Monterey Jack, and parmesan cheese were employed. Use any cheese you have on hand, please! Swiss, Emmental, or Mozza all have fantastic flavors.
GARLIC The use of freshly minced garlic raises the bar. Depending on how much you enjoy garlic, you can add more or less!
How to make Garlic cheese toast
This recipe for cheese toast comes together in 3 simple steps!
- Butter the bread on one side.
- Cheeses, butter, and garlic should be thoroughly blended.
- Toast should be spread with the mixture and baked until bubbling and crunchy.
Place the toast in the broiler for about a minute, or until the top is toasted, for a darker, crispier variation.
It can be reheated in the oven and eaten alone as a quick snack. For a tasty snack on the fly, make a quick ham and cheese panini between two slices of garlic cheese bread.
Croutons can be made from leftovers by cutting them into cubes!
- Toast cubes should be spread out on a sheet pan and baked for about 30 minutes at 250°F, or until the croutons are crisp and dried out.
- Until you’re ready to toss on a salad or include into a soup, keep it in an airtight bag or container.
Garlic Cheese Toast
Thick bread topped with a cheese and garlic combination, then baked till golden!
|five minutes to prepare
8 minutes for cooking
thirteen minutes overall
portions: 10 portions
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons salted butter softened, divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ cup Monterey jack cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- salt & pepper to taste
- 10 slices of thick white bread slightly dry
- Turn the oven on to 375°F.
- The two tablespoons of butter should be used to butter the bread on one side. Place butter-side down on a baking pan.
- In a food processor, mix the remaining butter, garlic, and cheeses. until blended, pulse.
- Spread over the bread’s unbuttered side. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted, in the middle of the oven.
- Optional: For the cheese to brown, turn the broiler on for 30 to 60 seconds.
Use a hand mixer instead of a food processor if you don’t have one.
In this dish, you can use any mix of cheese. Make that one of the cheeses has a strong flavor (like parmesan for best results).
To create a loaf of cheesy bread, spread this over french bread.
Calories: 216 | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 319mg | Potassium: 38mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 467IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 161mg | Iron: 1mg