This Keto Tuna salad is a low-carb version of a typical tuna salad that’s creamy and pleasantly acidic.
You’ll adore this quick and easy low-carb lunch choice served in lettuce cups, over greens, over keto bread, or by itself! 0g net carbohydrates
Why Is This Recipe So Delicious?
- Canned tuna — A delicious and versatile pantry staple, canned tuna is extremely cost-effective without compromising flavor.
- Mayonnaise – Mayonnaise adds creaminess and richness to this tuna salad. Learn how to choose a keto-friendly mayonnaise by following cheval’ cheval’ cheval’ cheval’ cheval’ cheval’ cheval’ cheval’ cheval’ cheval’ cheval’ cheval’ cheval’ cheval
- Celery — A classic tuna salad component, celery adds a wonderful crunch and a hint of salinity.
- Dill relish – A relish made from dill pickles offers another layer of taste — a touch sour, a little sweet — as well as an incredible crunch.
- Lemon juice – A dash of lemon juice brings out the celery and pickles by adding acidity and a sharp citrus flavor.
- Garlic – You might not have thought of adding minced garlic to your tuna salad before, but trust me, once you try it, you’ll never go back!
How Do You Make It?
The whole recipe and ingredients list can be found below, but you can also find a fast explanation of how to make this recipe precisely, as well as helpful tips and information!
In a medium to large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
The Best Ways To Make Salad with Keto Tuna
- In an airtight container, preserve your tuna salad in the fridge for 3-5 days. This makes it ideal for meal prep for the entire week!
- Avoid light, fat-free, reduced-fat, or sweetened mayonnaises while on the keto diet. These will all be lower in fat and higher in carbohydrates than conventional mayo, making them unsuitable. You can add avocado or olive oil mayonnaise, but make sure the flavor isn’t overpowering and leaves a strange aftertaste in the tuna salad.
Salad with Keto Tuna
|5 minutes to prepare
5 minutes total
This keto tuna salad is a low-carb version of a typical tuna salad that’s creamy and pleasantly acidic. You’ll adore this quick and easy low carb lunch choice served in lettuce cups, over greens, over keto bread, or by itself! 0g net carbohydrates
- 2 5-ounce cans tuna packed in water, drained
- ½ cup mayonnaise or less, to taste
- ¼ cup celery finely chopped, about 1 rib
- ½ tablespoon dill relish
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice fresh
- 1 clove garlic minced
- black pepper freshly ground
Instructions For Salad with Keto Tuna
- Combine all of the ingredients.a
- Refrigerate for 3-5 days in an airtight container.
- If you’re on a keto diet, don’t use low-fat, reduced-fat, or light mayo.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 256kcal, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 14g, Fat: 22g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 13g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 37mg, Sodium: 379mg, Potassium: 155mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 90IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 18mg, Iron: 1mg