Who Is Samir Troudi?
Samir Troudi is a Swedish-born IFBB Pro competitor. Samir, a former passionate soccer player, has embraced bodybuilding and used his skills in sports to create an amazing physique.
He also obtained a Pro Card along the road after winning the 2016 Amateur Olympia in Spain.
Early Life of Samir Troudi
But Samir’s journey wasn’t always easy. When Samir Troudi was younger, he wanted to start a band with some buddies and pursue a career as a musician.
But as the band broke up, his dreams came to an abrupt halt, forcing him to turn to weightlifting for comfort—which has now become his way of life.
Samir’s tale goes as follows:
Body Measurements of Samir Troudi
|Full Name:||Samir Troudi|
|WEIGHT:||205 – 215lbs (88.5 – 93.0kg)|
- Decembercupen 2005 Champion -70kg jr class and senior class
- Winner of Luciapokalen 2005 -70kg jr class
- Winner of Luciapokalen 2007 -70kg senior class
- Swedish Nationals 2009 6th place in -90kg class
- Norway Open 2010 3rd place in -80kg class
- Swedish Nationals 2010 2nd place in -80kg class
- Winner of Battle of Scandinavia 2012 – 91kg class
- Loaded Cup Denmark 2012 2nd place – 90kg class
- Loaded Cup Denmark 2013 2nd place -90kg class
- BMR Grand Prix 2013 2nd place -90kg class
- Oslo Grand Prix 2013, 1st place 90kg class and 2nd place overall
- Amateur Olympia Spain -90kg class 3rd place
- Ajman Championship, UAE 2015 1st place
- Fujeirah Championship 2015 1st place
- Tyngre Classic III, Sweden 1st place
- Amateur Olympia Kuwait 2016 -90kg class 1st place
- Amateur Olympia Spain 2016 -85kg class 1st place
- Arnold Classic 212 Pro show 2018, Columbus, Ohio – 3rd place
- Prague Pro Men’s 212, 2018, 3rd place
- 2018 Olympia 212, 15th place
- 2018 Arnold Classic 212, 3rd place
Biography (Early Life)
Soccer Player Turned Musician
Samir Troudi has been active in sports since he was a young child. He was raised in Uddevalla, Sweden, and participated in a variety of sports, such as swimming and karate. However, soccer was by far his favorite pastime.
After many years of participation in the sport, he gradually began to develop a new interest in music. Samir eventually quit soccer to become a musician in a band.
Choosing A New Interest: Weightlifting
After three years, Samir stopped performing music, and his band disbanded. Samir started going to the gym because he had nothing else to do, and he soon began gaining muscle.
Samir noticed other large men in his gym and realized they were all bodybuilders. Samir was inspired by his development and decided to follow their lead and take up bodybuilding.
“I have always liked challenges and competitions of all kinds and always hated to lose, so when I started to enjoy the training more and more I also started to buy bodybuilding magazines and my interest grew bigger and bigger. “
Here’s Samir talking about his first bodybuilding shows: “I competed in bodybuilding category and won my first two shows in 2005, competing in the -70kg class.”
With such an impressive debut, it was clear Samir had found his sport. He now wanted to see how far he could go.
Into The IFBB
In 2012, Samir set a new challenge for himself – to become a professional bodybuilder. However, to do this, he had to win the Pro Card first.
4 years later, after countless training sessions, strict dieting, and posing practices, he brought his best version at the 2016 Amateur Olympia Spain to claim his long-awaited IFBB Pro Card.
Samir Troudi Nowadays
Nowadays, Samir works on making his name in the IFBB Pro circuit, just as he did as an amateur athlete.
With his impressive physique and awesome posing, there’s no doubt he’ll continue to set new milestones in his trophy-laden career as a bodybuilder.
Samir doesn’t follow a typical weekly training routine, in the sense that weekdays are his training days, and weekends are dedicated to rest. “I just keep it rolling and rest when I feel tired. No matter what name of the day it is,” he says.
In terms of exercises, Samir doesn’t change them often. He sticks to the same routine as long as it gives him results. He’ll do 2-3 sets per exercise, and 4 exercises per body part in every workout.
Samir is also a big fan of training hard. Not in terms of heavy weights and few reps, but hard as in training until failure. Samir believes there’s no such thing as overtraining as long as his rest and diet are in check.
In addition to his rigorous training methods, Samir also tries to use the perfect form with every exercise, making each rep count.
Samir’s Training Split
Although Samir is known for his well-rounded physique, he’s found that his back lags behind other body parts. That’s why he loves to train his back 2 times per week.
His full training split:
- Back – width, rear delts & biceps
- Hamstrings and calves
- Chest and shoulders
- Back-thickness & biceps
- Quads & triceps
“There just is no such thing as the best split. People are different, people’s bodies are different and their genetics are different. There might be a perfect split for you. But that one is surely not the perfect one for me.”
Nutrition (Diet Plan)
After trying countless diets, Samir Troudi has found that his body responds best when he follows a simple 3-phase meal plan before a contest. It looks like this:
- 1st Phase – Calorie intake is high at around 4000kcal. This is where Samir is just getting into the contest preparations.
- 2nd Phase – His calories are dropped to 3200kcal per day. At this point, Samir adapts his body to gradually lose fat.
- 3rd Phase – The final stage before a show, where Samir eats 2700kcal, sometimes even lower, to achieve a shredded physique.
During the off-season, Samir eats about 4500-5000kcal per day. He keeps the protein very high at around 500g per day. By contrast, his fats are kept between 60-100g a day.
As for carbs, he changes their amount depending on how intense he trains. For example, if he has a leg day, he’ll eat more carbs that day to fill his muscles with glycogen and energy.
Samir’s favorite muscle-building foods include:
- Low-fat minced beef
- Protein powder
- Carbs supplement
- Mixed nuts
Supplements Samir Troudi Takes
The supplements Samir uses vary depending on his goals and how his body feels. But these are generally the ones he takes year-round:
- Omega 3
- Amino Acids
- Pre-workout products
- Protein powders
What We Can Learn From Samir Troudi?
Samir Troudi has shown us that to excel in whatever you do, you should put all your focus into that activity, even if that means sacrificing other things.
To become an IFBB Pro, Samir had to go through a long journey of ups and downs, and countless sacrifices. But for him, everything was worth it – because he now reaps the rewards of his labor.
The lesson Samir Troudi has taught us is quite simple – the more effort you put into something, the better results you’ll have in the end.