- Food: Lemon Butter Sauce
- Writer: Nicolas Wilson
- Content-Type: Food Blog
This creamy, savory lemon butter sauce goes well with pasta, roasted vegetables, and other dishes. It’s easy to make with only 5 ingredients and takes only minutes to prepare.
I started making this sauce to serve with steamed artichokes earlier this spring. Since then, I’ve started serving it with a variety of things, including spaghetti, roasted vegetables, and couscous.
It’s rich and buttery, with a vibrant, savory flavor thanks to the lemon juice and garlic. It’s made using only 5 ingredients and takes less than 5 minutes to prepare. Why not just drizzle it on everything?
Ingredients for Lemon Butter Sauce
This recipe only calls for 5 ingredients:
- Of course, there’s butter! I suggest using unsalted butter in this recipe. You’ll have perfect control over the seasoning this way. If you’re using salted butter, or if you’re using vegan butter, leave out the salt and season to taste.
- Lemon juice – Its tangy flavor balances out the butter’s richness.
- Garlic – For a delicious taste depth.
- And a pinch of salt and pepper to bring out the flavors.
How to Use It?
Have fun experimenting with different ways to utilize this lemon butter sauce once you’ve memorized the recipe. It’s quite flexible, and I think you’ll find it goes well with a variety of cuisines.
To get you started, here are a few serving ideas:
- Combine the ingredients in a spaghetti bowl and toss to combine. This lemon garlic butter sauce is explicitly called for in my artichoke pasta dish, but you don’t need a recipe to use it. Toss it with any pasta shape, sautéed greens, and Parmesan cheese for a quick weekday dinner, or use it to spruce up your next batch of homemade pasta.
- To make a quick side dish for any protein, combine it with couscous or rice.
- It can be used as a dipping sauce. Steamed artichoke leaves or grilled baby artichokes are my favorite accompaniments.
- Drizzle it over plainly prepared vegetables. Green beans, roasted asparagus, roasted radishes, and cauliflower are all delicious with it.
Lemon Butter Sauce
|Time to prepare: 5 minutes
This lemon garlic butter sauce is tasty, thick, and really simple to create! It goes well with spaghetti, couscous, roasted vegetables, and other dishes.
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Parsley, for garnish
- Pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Cook for 1 minute after adding the garlic and salt. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Sprinkle with parsley and red pepper flakes, if using, and season with freshly ground pepper.
- Toss with pasta or serve with steamed artichokes for dipping. Additional serving choices can be found in the blog post linked above.
Vegan butter can be used to make this recipe vegan. Omit the salt because vegan butter is already salted, and season to taste.