$5.32 RECIPE / $1.33 SERVING
Here’s another quick lunchbox idea (or breakfast food prep suggestion) for you!
While there is a hard-boiled egg in this Bagel lunch box, it is still a super easy no-reheat lunch box to take to work, school, or on the go.
A tiny bagel, some of my favorite Scallion Herb Cream Cheese, a handful of vegetables that complement the flavored cream cheese, and a basic hard-boiled egg are all included in our Bagel Lunch Box.
It’s so easy to put together, but it makes things so much easier when you have a hectic morning. Simply grab a lunchbox and head out the door!
WHAT ABOUT THE CREAM CHEESE?
Because it has so much taste and adds a lovely element of interest to the meal, I said my Scallion Herb Cream Cheese to this bagel lunch box.
You can use plain cream cheese or store-bought flavored cream cheese if you don’t want to make your own cream cheese.
Another good alternative is to use plain cream cheese and then add some Everything Bagel Seasoning to give it a boost of flavor.
ADD-IN IDEAS FOR BAGEL LUNCH BOX
Here are some solid ideas for things that would also go well with this lunch box if you wanted to swap any of the ingredients or add to it:
- Smoked salmon
- Carrot sticks
- An orange, tangerine, or cutie
- Deli ham
- Alfalfa sprouts
WHERE DID THOSE CONTAINERS COME FROM?
Amazon has both the divided glass meal prep containers and the little metal cups.
THE BAGEL LUNCH BOX
SCALLION HERB CREAM CHEESE
- 4 oz. cream cheese ($0.60)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley ($0.06)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro ($0.04)
- 1 green onion, sliced ($0.11)
- 1/16 tsp garlic powder ($0.01)
- 1/16 tsp salt ($0.01)
- 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice ($0.02)
LUNCH BOX INGREDIENTS
- 4 mini bagels ($1.52)
- 4 large eggs ($0.92)
- 1 cucumber, sliced ($1.29)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes ($0.75)
- To hard-boil the eggs, place them in a saucepan with enough water to cover them by one inch. Allow the water to come to a full boil in the pot over high heat. Turn off the heat when it reaches a full boil, cover the saucepan, and allow the eggs to rest in the boiling water for 15 minutes. Transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water to chill after 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, parsley, cilantro, green onion, garlic powder, salt, and lemon juice to make the scallion herb cream cheese. Stir everything together until it’s completely smooth.
- One bagel, 14 cucumber slices, 14 grape tomatoes, 14 oz. cream cheese and one hard-boiled egg should be placed in each lunch box. Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- Serving: 1 lunch box
- Calories: 307.18 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 30.6 g
- Protein: 12.98 g
- Fat: 15.1 g
- Sodium: 420.95 mg
- Fiber: 2.28 g
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING A BAGEL LUNCH BOX
- Hard boil the eggs by placing them in a sauce saucepan with enough water to cover them by one inch. Bring the water to a full boil in a large pot over high heat. Turn off the heat, cover the pot, and set aside the eggs for 15 minutes in the hot water. Cool the eggs in an ice bath after 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine 4 oz cream cheese, 1 tbsp chopped parsley, 1 tbsp chopped cilantro, one sliced green onion, 1/16 tsp (one pinch) garlic powder, 1/16 tsp (one pinch) salt, and 1/2 tbsp lemon juice to produce the scallion herb cream cheese. Mix everything together until it’s completely smooth.
- Each lunch box should contain one bagel, one hard-boiled egg, 1/4 sliced cucumbers, 1/4 tomatoes, and 1/4 oz. cream cheese. Keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.