Jerry Hall is a multi-award-winning American model and actor. In the 1970s, she began modeling and swiftly ascended to become one of the world’s most sought-after models. By 1977, she had on the covers of 40 magazines, including Italian Vogue and Cosmopolitan. She made her acting debut in the 1980 film “Urban Cowboy.” In July 1988, she made her professional theatrical debut as Cherie in a production of Bus Stop at Theaterfest (presented at Montclair State University) (a part performed by Marilyn Monroe in the film adaptation). Tess Management, a modeling agency in London, England, now represents her. In 2016, Hall won the Fashion Group International Dallas Lifetime Achievement Award.
Jerry Hall is an accomplished model and actor. As of 2022, Hall’s net worth is $15 million. Her acting and modeling occupations earn her the most of her money. She has appeared in advertisements for brands such as Bovril (meat extract paste), Old Navy, and Rose’s lime juice, among others. She has also served as a global spokesperson for Levitra, an erectile dysfunction treatment. At the time, she was earning more than $1,000 per day as a model.
Childhood And Family
Jerry Hall was born in New York City on July 2, 1956. She grew up in Gonzales, Texas, in the United States. She grew up in Mesquite, Texas, a Dallas suburb. She is of British-Irish-Dutch ancestry and holds US citizenship. Her parents are Marjorie Hall-Sheffield (mother) and John P. Hall (father) (father).
Her mother was a medical records librarian, while her father was a truck driver. Her siblings are Cyndy Hall (Older Sister) (Actor), Terry Hall (Twin Sister) (Photographer, Print Shop Owner, Real Estate Investor, Real Estate Broker), and Rosy Hall (Older Sister) (Actor) (Former Cheerleader). She does have a younger sibling. Cancer is her Zodiac sign. She will be 65 years old in 2021. Jerry graduated from North Mesquite High School at the age of 16. When she was in high school, she took archery, tennis, and gymnastics lessons at Eastfield College, a public community college campus in Mesquite. She had also studied French there.
- Jerry Hall started her career as a model. She was first scouted by the Fashion Agent, Claude Haddad when she was sunbathing with her sister on French Riviera.
- Then, she moved to Paris and started her career as a model.
- In the year 1975, she appeared on the cover of the Roxy Music album, “Siren”.
- She had been on 40 magazine covers including Italian Vogue and Cosmopolitan by 1977.
- She won the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Fashion Group International Dallas in the year 2016.
- Moreover, she was also a muse for artists Francesco Clemente, Ed Ruscha, and Lucian Freud. She has modeled for Andy Warhol many times.
- After her successful career as a model, she shifted her career to the acting field with the movie, “Urban Cowboy” in the year 1980.
- Next, she made her professional stage debut playing Cherie in a revival of “Bus Stop”.
- She reprised the role for her London West End stage début in 1990 at the Lyric Theatre in Shaftesbury Avenue.
- She joined many other guests for Roger Waters’ massive performance of ‘The Wall’ in Berlin in 1990.
- He played the role of Miss Scarlett in the 1993 British television show Cluedo and the TV series, “The Detectives”.
- Jerry appeared as Mrs. Robinson in a Broadway production of “The Graduate” in her early 2000s.
- She appeared as herself in the documentary “Being Mick” (2001) as well as in the play “Picasso’s Women” in 2002.
- She appeared on the West End stage playing Mother Lord in the first London production of Cole Porter’s High Society in 2005.
- Jerry also provided the voice for Sister Penelope in the British cartoon “Popetown”.
- She guest-starred on the British TV show “Hotel Babylon” and has also appeared in the BBC comedy series “French and Saunders”.
- On 10th September 2012, she was announced as a contestant for the tenth series of the British dance show “Strictly Come Dancing”. She partnered with Anton du Beke. Later, the pair got eliminated.
- Her autobiography, “Jerry Hall: My Life in Pictures”, was published in 2010.
- Besides this, she was a judge for the Whitbread Prize and was at the center of Kept, a reality show.
Jerry Hall is a mother of two children. Rupert Murdoch, an American billionaire, media magnate, and investor, is the stunning guy she married. The couple began dating in September 2015. On January 11, 2016, the couple announced their engagement in The Times Newspaper. The couple later married on March 4, 2016.
Through Rupert’s earlier marriages, Jerry has two stepsons, Lachlan Murdoch (Businessman) and James Murdoch (Businessman), as well as four stepdaughters, Prudence Murdoch (Media Executive), Elisabeth Murdoch (Media Executive), Grace Murdoch, and Chloe Murdoch. On the final episode of American Idol on Fox on April 7, 2016, the two were spotted together. The couple is currently having a terrific time together with no hints of a divorce. Her sexual orientation is female and straight.
Jerry Hall is a beautiful actor who stands 6 feet tall and weighs approximately 66 kg. Her hair is blonde, and her eyes are blue. She has a slim build and a lovely face. Her additional physical measurements are still unknown. Her six-foot stature and long blonde hair quickly made her one of the most visible and photographed models of the day.
Quick Facts About Jerry Hall
|Celebrated Name||Jerry Hall|
|Nick Name||Jerry Hall|
|Birth Name||Jerry Faye Hall|
|Place Of Birth||Gonzales, Texas|
|Father||John P. Hall|
|Siblings||4; Cyndy Hall, Terry Hall (Twin Sister), Rosy Hall|
|High School||North Mesquite High School|
|College / University||Eastfield College|
|Children||4; 2 daughters named Georgia May Ayeesha Jagger (b. January 12, 1992) and Elizabeth Scarlett ‘Lizzy’ Jagger (b. March 2, 1984), and 2 sons named Gabriel Jagger (b. December 9, 1997) and James Jagger (b. 28 August 1985) with Mick Jagger|
|Net Worth||$15 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Acting and Modeling Career|