Greek Pasta Salad is a simple side dish that is great for making ahead of time and a hit at any gathering. The ideal make-ahead side dish combines tender pasta with luscious, juicy tomatoes, crisp cucumbers, feta cheese, and olives.
We frequently include grilled chicken to finish the dinner, marinated in our favorite Easy Greek Pasta Salad dressing.
Greek salad is one of those meals that I always have the ingredients for and I love how simple and fresh it is.
When my friend Lisa brought a Greek salad to a cookout at my place in 1997, it was the first time I ever tasted one.
After I tried it for the first time, we began eating Greek salad at least once a week. I love pasta salad almost as much as I love a good Greek salad (Dill Pickle Pasta Salad or Hawaiian Pasta Salad anyone?).
I experimented with my original recipe for Greek Salad and turned it into a pasta salad. The ideal supper or side dish is created when pasta is combined with luscious, juicy tomatoes, crisp cucumbers, red onions, feta cheese, olives, and a wonderful Greek dressing.
Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
- Cook your pasta until it is just al dente, then drain and cool.
- Fresh vegetables should be washed and cut while the pasta is cooking.
- Everything should be combined in a big bowl with the dressing, then chilled before serving. So simple, huh?
What vegetables are included in a Greek pasta salad?
- white onions
- peppers, bell
It’s possible to make a homemade dressing for this recipe, but it’s much quicker and tastier to use a Greek dressing from the store.
This recipe is packed with vegetables, and to make a healthy Greek pasta salad, we frequently use whole wheat pasta and a light Greek dressing.
As you prepare the remaining ingredients, you can soak the red onion in ice water with a pinch of salt if your family feels it has a little too much bite. Shake for 10 seconds, then drain. If necessary, repeat.
This salad can be made ahead of time and served at a barbecue or potluck because it keeps well in the fridge for about 5 days.
- 16 ounces short pasta rotini, bow ties, penne
- ¾ long English cucumber diced
- grape tomatoes halved
- 1 bell pepper red or orange, diced
- ½ cup sliced pitted olives
- ½ cup feta cheese cubed
- ⅓ cup red onion diced
- 1 cup bottled greek vinaigrette dressing
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- Follow the directions on the package to prepare pasta al dente. Rinse with icy water.
- In a big bowl, mix all the ingredients together. Dressing added, toss.
- At least two hours before serving, refrigerate.