This Whole30 breakfast casserole with sausage, eggs, spinach, and mushrooms is filling enough to keep you going for the whole month.
You’ll enjoy this paleo breakfast casserole since it’s full of taste, protein, and fiber, leaving you feeling fantastic all day.
In a baking dish, make a Whole30 breakfast casserole with sausage, spinach, and mushrooms.
When we’re doing a Whole30, I spend a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon prepping meals for the week.
A batch of Whole30 garlic mayonnaise, Whole30 chicken salad, and Whole30 ranch dressing is typical.
But one Sunday, I felt compelled to make a sausage and veggie bake with chopped spinach, fresh tomatoes, sautéed mushrooms, handmade spicy breakfast sausage, and fresh herbs.
And, guess what? That week, I never got tired of eating this Whole30 and paleo breakfast dish! No, the creamy egg bake, the rich sausage, the fresh vegetables, and the savory herbs won me over.
This is significant since I require a delectable breakfast to keep my attention.
Whole30 breakfast casserole with sausage, mushrooms, and eggs with eggs spilling over it
Even better, I felt fantastic afterward, which is one of my favorite aspects of the Whole30 breakfast.
There is no heaviness or lack of vitality. No, you’ll feel light, energized, and satisfied till lunchtime. This Whole30 breakfast casserole with sausage, eggs, spinach, and mushrooms might just be Whole30-perfect, with lots of veggies and protein.
What makes this Whole30 Breakfast Casserole so delicious:
- It’s the Whole30 breakfast casserole for those who despise the Whole30 breakfast casserole. It’s jam-packed with flavor and high in protein.
- It’s not too hefty, and it’s packed with fiber. This dish contains almost everything nice I could think of, as well as all of my favorite vegetables: sausage, mushrooms, and tomatoes. I used fresh basil because we had plenty on hand. You could, however, do without it or easily replace dried basil.
- This Whole30 breakfast casserole pulls together quickly, making meal prep on Sunday a breeze.
- It’s not only delicious, but it’s also simple and quick to prepare… Anything Whole30 gets massive bonus points if you know what I mean. The instructions are rough as follows: sauté the ingredients, pour the eggs over them, bake, and eat? Even though I freaking love making mayonnaise all the time (lie, liar, trousers on fire), I’m all about kitchen efficiency.
- You can experiment with other meats (Bacon is fantastic!) or vegetables in this Whole30 breakfast dish. This would be fantastic with sun-dried tomatoes.
- Increase the number of eggs to 12 for a more eggy paleo breakfast dish.
- If you don’t like mushrooms, replace them with roasted sweet potatoes.
- For an on-the-go breakfast option, evenly spread the veggie filling among the cups in a muffin tray and pour the eggs over.
- This Whole30 breakfast dish should not be overbaked! Cook until a knife stabbed into the center comes out clean.
- If you don’t press out the water from your thawed spinach, you’ll wind up with a watery mess! If you forget, simply cook the vegetable mixture until the water has gone.
|15-minute prep time
35 minutes to cook
50 minutes total
This Whole30 breakfast casserole with sausage, eggs, spinach, and mushrooms is filling enough to keep you going for the whole month. You’ll enjoy how flavorful, protein-rich, and fiber-rich this paleo breakfast is.
- 1 pound Whole30-compliant breakfast sausage see below for the recipe
- 3 cups button mushrooms sliced
- olive oil as needed
- 6 green onions sliced
- 3 Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped, or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 16 ounces frozen chopped spinach thawed
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 10 large eggs
For Homemade Whole30-Compliant Breakfast Sausage
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch dried marjoram
- 1 pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch of ground cloves
Whole30 Compliant Breakfast Sausage
- In a medium mixing basin, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly with your hands. Use immediately away in a recipe or store in an airtight jar in the fridge for 1 day.
Breakfast Bake for Whole30
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown and crumble sausage in a medium skillet over medium heat. If required, drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Cook for another 2 minutes, or until the remaining veggies, herbs, and salt are gently softened and well mixed. Fill baking dish halfway with the mixture.
- In a medium mixing bowl, crack the eggs and whisk them thoroughly. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve hot.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 268kcal, Carbohydrates: 5g, Protein: 19g, Fat: 20g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 243mg, Sodium: 795mg, Potassium: 573mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 6491IU, Vitamin C: 8mg, Calcium: 116mg, Iron: 3mg, Net Carbs: 3g