Crispy chicken tenders are cooked in the oven and flavored with lemon and garlic. A golden parmesan panko crust covering gives the food an irresistible crunch. no need for flour!
The ideal finger meal is succulent, juicy oven-fried chicken tenders slathered in honey mustard sauce, which are loved by both children and adults. A delicious golden crumb with minimal mess or trouble!
Our family has been making these baked, crispy chicken tenders for years. Our oven-fried tenders, which are an adaptation of YOUR favorite Lemon Parmesan Garlic Chicken Milanese dish, are a hit with everyone who tries them! They check off every box:
- Easy to find ingredients.
- Simple steps.
- Oven baked with a deep-fried TASTE.
- Minimal mess.
- The best homemade chicken tenders.
Who says you have to stand around the stovetop while the oil splatters all over you as you deep-fry crumbed chicken tenders? Not me.
What are Chicken Tenders?
The thin, meaty strip that is loosely attached to the underside of chicken breasts is known as a chicken tender. They have the same flavor as breast flesh and, when prepared properly, are juicy and soft.
Tenders can be delicately removed from a breast or bought separately at your local market or butcher.
How can we make homemade Chicken Tenders?
Beginning with an egg wash marinade blended with garlic, parsley, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and a dash of oil, our dish is prepared. Our secret weapon, the oil used in the egg wash, ensures succulent meat with a crispy finish.
I advise letting them sit in the egg wash for 30 to 60 minutes, or overnight if you have the time. Otherwise, don’t worry! They still taste fantastic and have a rich flavor without marinating.
You’ll also note that our breading contains no flour, but you won’t miss it. A parmesan breadcrumb mixture flavored with garlic and onion powders is used to coat the chicken tenders.
By doing this, you get an equal amount of flavor on the outside as there is on the inside.
How should I bake Chicken Tenders?
Spray nonstick cooking oil on a baking sheet or pan to lightly coat it. A pastry brush or a sheet of paper towel coated in oil can also be used to clean the baking sheet’s surface.
Lay out the crumbed tenders on the baking sheet, then liberally mist them with cooking oil spray (I suggest using olive oil spray for the best results). This is how they become SO SUPER CRISPY without having to deep-fried them!
How long are chicken tenders cooked at 400°F (200°C)?
To ensure that chicken tenders are evenly browned on both sides, bake them for 10 minutes, flip them over, and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes. For that tempting golden crumb, you may also broil them for the final two to three minutes.
Honey Mustard Sauce
Serve baked chicken tenders with a simple, three-ingredient honey mustard sauce. honey, Dijon mustard, and whole egg mayo. For a little bit more, add a touch of salt and a teaspoon of white vinegar. They can be dipped in my honey-garlic butter sauce as well.
Everything about it is juicy, sensitive, moist, and velvety. AND crunchy Win-win situation!
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or juice of 1/2 a lemon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt to season
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 28 ounces (800 g) chicken tenders
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup regular breadcrumbs (garlic, herb, or Italian seasoned for extra flavor)
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika (or sweet, smoky, spicy)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- The oven should be heated to 400°F (200°C). Grease a baking sheet or pan with a thin layer of oil or cooking oil spray. Place aside.
- Mix the egg, oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper in a big bowl.
- While preparing the crumb mixture, dip the chicken tenders in the egg mixture and let them sit for 5 minutes.
OPTIONAL: For 30 to 60 minutes, cover and marinate in the refrigerator (if time allows). *
- Both types of breadcrumbs, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and parmesan cheese should be combined in a separate bowl.
- To coat the chicken uniformly, dredge it in the breadcrumb/parmesan mixture.
- Place the tenders there and mist the surface with cooking oil spray.
- For ten minutes, bake. Turn over and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until well done. (Broil for a golden, crispy crumb in the final 2-3 minutes!)
Calories: 398kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 173mg | Sodium: 888mg | Potassium: 788mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 255IU | Vitamin C: 7.4mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 1.8mg