The Crock-Pot Bourbon Chicken is tasty and simple. For a delightful supper, tender, juicy chicken is cooked in a thick bourbon-ginger sauce.
The entire family will like it. Serve it inside some dinner rolls for a great bourbon chicken sandwich, over rice, and with a side of steamed broccoli.
For hectic weeknights, this Crock Pot bourbon chicken recipe eliminates all the work involved in preparing dinner. We enjoy having soft, delicious chicken waiting for us when we get home. Almost any manner you serve it is fantastic!
A Chinese cook who worked in a New Orleans restaurant on Bourbon Street is where the dish “bourbon ” got its name.
No matter what it’s called or how it got its start, this dish is simply excellent! This recipe is simple to prepare at home in the slow cooker and yields a sweet and tender chicken that tastes well over rice.
Just a few minutes are needed to prepare the marinade for the bourbon sauce, after which it simmers all day in the slow cooker. As a result, the chicken is incredibly delicate and has a sweet sauce with Asian influences.
Making Bourbon Chicken
To prepare this bourbon in a crock pot:
- Pour the sauce’s components combined over the chicken thighs.
- For 3 hours on HIGH or 6 hours on LOW, set the slow cooker.
- To thicken the sauce, shred the chicken and make a slurry of cornstarch.
Observations on this recipe This meal is sweet, similar to how sweet Bourbon chicken is (similar to sweet and sour). Use regular soy sauce; light soy sauce will produce different effects and flavors.
For this recipe, chicken thighs work best since they won’t dry out like sometimes happens when chicken breasts are slowly cooked.
Slow Cooker Bourbon Chicken
The Crock-Pot Bourbon Chicken is tasty and simple. For a delightful supper, tender, juicy chicken is cooked in a thick bourbon-ginger sauce. We adore this Crock Pot dish served with rice and steamed broccoli on the side.
|ten minutes to prepare
six hours to cook
6 hours 10 minutes in total
servings: Six portions
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup sliced green onions (or more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- ⅓ cup apple juice
- 1 ½ tablespoon honey¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Bourbon
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients.
- Put the chicken inside
- drizzle sauce over the top. Cook covered for 6-7 hours on low or 3 hours on high.
- Chicken should be removed, chopped into bite-sized pieces, and kept heated under a cover.
- Combine cornstarch and 3 tablespoons of water in the meanwhile. Switch the slow cooker to high. Stir the sauce with the cornstarch slurry. Cover and let the mixture thicken while occasionally stirring (about 10 minutes). Add green onions and stir the chicken into the sauce once more.
- Serve over rice, please.
The best soy sauce to use for this dish is regular soy sauce, not light.
On the stovetop, the sauce can also be thickened. The slurry should be made as above, then whisked until thickened over medium heat. Add green onions to the slow cooker after returning with the chicken.
The nutritional data given is an approximation and will change depending on the cooking techniques and ingredient brands utilized.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 388 | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 215mg | Sodium: 840mg | Potassium: 653mg | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 195IU | Vitamin C: 1.8mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2.3mg