We love eating this chicken lasagna recipe when we’re feeling down.
In a rich, creamy alfredo-inspired sauce, lasagna noodles are stacked with tender chicken, vegetables, cheese, and cheese. For a cozy lunch that’s ideal for any time of year, serve it with a caesar salad and garlic bread!
A major game changer for me is having easy dinner dishes that I can prepare during the week and that reheat nicely to create a few dinners. Bring on the chicken Alfredo lasagna!
Alfredo chicken lasagna
Although I prefer to use leftover roast chicken for this dish, you can also use poached chicken, grilled chicken breasts, or even rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. You may also use leftover frozen turkey as a nice substitute.
Making your alfredo sauce gives this dish of white lasagna a ton of flavor. It becomes so creamy, velvety, and wonderful as a result!
Chicken Lasagna Recipe
Although there are a few processes for making lasagna, they are all worth it! For this recipe for chicken lasagna:
- Create the cheese-based cream sauce.
- For the cheese layer, combine cottage cheese, parsley, eggs, and spinach.
- Noodles, sauce, cheese, vegetables, and chicken should all be layered before finishing with noodles and sauce.
- 40 minutes of covered baking
- Uncover, sprinkle cheese on top, and bake for 20 more minutes.
The secret to layering lasagna is to keep everything as even as you can so that the dish bakes evenly. Since the lasagna noodles will continue to cook in the oven for a little while, they should be cooked al dente.
Lasagna Baking Temperature
This chicken lasagna takes a total of roughly 60 minutes to bake at 350°F. The cheese should be added toward the end of baking to ensure that it crisps up properly and neither falls into the rest of the dish nor overcooks.
Before removing the chicken lasagna from the oven, turn the oven to broil if the cheese isn’t as browned and bubbling as you’d like.
Alternately, you can cover the lasagna with foil to stop further browning as it cooks if the topping is done to your liking and there is still some cooking time left.
Make careful to let this casserole set for at least 10-15 minutes before cutting, as with other lasagna recipes. It can then be set up as a result of this.
For the ideal meal, serve this lasagna together with a crisp kale salad.
A family favorite is a delectable chicken lasagna with a creamy cheese sauce!
|45 minutes are spent on preparation.
cook for one hour
1 hour 45 minutes in total
- 12 lasagna noodles cooked and cooled
- 4 cups cooked chicken
- 3 cups vegetables cooked and cooled
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach defrosted and squeezed dry
- 2 cups cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups mozzarella divided
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- ⅔ cup shredded parmesan cheese divided
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- Set the oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter, onion, and garlic in the saucepan over medium-low heat. About 3 minutes of cooking is enough to soften the onion. Cook for 1-2 minutes after adding the flour.
- Low-heat setting. Mix milk and broth. Add a little bit at a time while thickening with a whisk. Continue adding a tiny quantity of liquid at a time while stirring the mixture as it becomes quite thick.
- Add cream cheese and whisk until melted after all the liquid has been included.
- Add 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1 cup dry basil, and 13 cup parmesan cheese after turning off the heat.
- Combine spinach, parsley, eggs, and cottage cheese. Place aside.
- Layer four noodles, sauce, cooked vegetables, and half of the chicken in a 9×13 pan. Add 12 mozzarella, 1/4 a cup of parmesan, and 1/3 of the sauce.
- Noodles, chicken, cottage cheese mixture, and sauce should be layered again. Add sauce and noodles on top. 40 minutes of baking while covered.
- Remove the lid, sprinkle cheese on top, and bake for an additional 20 to 30 minutes.
I use steamed carrots and broccoli as my cooked veggie staples. Any mix of vegetables will work in this dish; great options include mushrooms, asparagus, bell peppers, and zucchini.
Calories: 411 | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 614mg | Potassium: 414mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3005IU | Vitamin C: 20.9mg | Calcium: 329mg | Iron: 1.9mg