The simplest thing you’ll prepare all week is these Instant Pot chicken legs!
Transfer the legs to the Instant Pot after rubbing them in a mixture of fragrant spices. This protein-rich and healthful meal is ready in about 15 minutes!
Why Will You Enjoy This Recipe?
- They’re smothered in a blend of simple yet tasty spices. These chicken legs have an appealing flavor thanks to a combination of paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and a touch of black pepper.
- The Instant Pot takes care of everything! There’s no need to be concerned about undercooking or overcooking chicken. Simply throw the chicken in the Instant Pot, set the timer for 10 minutes, and return to perfectly cooked chicken legs every time.
- It’s the ideal recipe for feeding a large group! 12-15 chicken legs fit in my six-quart Instant Pot. This is the perfect recipe for making a huge batch of chicken for a large gathering. And, because this recipe is so simple and quick, I can have a hot lunch on the table in no time.
Legs of chicken – Pick up the meatiest legs you can find at the grocery store or a local butcher shop. We utilize chicken drumsticks, sometimes known as chicken legs, in this recipe.
Make sure the chicken legs are standing properly on a trivet when you put them in the pot. The meaty portion of the leg should be on the bottom.
Cooking them in this manner ensures that the thickest part of the chicken leg is fully done. This recipe can also be made with frozen chicken legs; simply follow the steps as directed, but extend the cook time to 12 minutes.
Chicken Broth — This recipe calls for a liquid to be placed in the bottom of the Instant Pot to create steam, which cooks the chicken.
You can use one cup of water in this recipe. However, I prefer using chicken broth because it has significantly more taste.
- Broil your Instant Pot chicken legs for 3-4 minutes for additional crispy skin! Keep a watchful check on the chicken, though, since it can burn fast under the broiler. I check on my chicken every 30 seconds or so to make sure it’s crisping up well!
- When the Instant Pot is finished cooking, manually release the steam by turning the venting knob from sealing to venting. Then remove the cover after a few minutes have passed and the floating valve has fallen. I strongly advise manually releasing the steam rather than using the slow release method, which may cause your chicken to dry out.
- You can play around with the flavors in this Instant Pot chicken leg dish! A pinch of chile powder and/or a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice would add a burst of flavor and sharpness.
Chicken Legs In Instant Pot
|5 minutes to prepare
Cooking time: 10 minutes
15 minutes in total
The simplest thing you’ll prepare all week is these Instant Pot chicken legs! Transfer the legs to the Instant Pot after rubbing them in a mixture of fragrant spices. This protein-rich and healthful meal is ready in about 15 minutes!
- 2 teaspoons paprika see Notes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 pounds of chicken legs
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- Instant Pot
- Baking sheet
Instructions For Chicken Legs
- Combine the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Season the chicken legs with the spice and rub it in evenly.
- Place a trivet in the Instant Pot, then add chicken broth or water. Place chicken legs on the trivet standing up with the meaty side down.
- Set the Instant Pot for 10 minutes with the lid on, then manually release the pressure.
- Remove the chicken legs and place them on a baking sheet, then broil for 1-2 minutes per side or until the skin is crispy.
- Paprika: This recipe can be made with either ordinary or smoked paprika!
- With a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a dusting of fresh herbs, these chicken legs are finished.
This recipe makes around 6 servings. The nutritional data displayed are for a single serving out of a total of six servings. The exact macros will vary depending on the brands and types of ingredients utilized.
Prepare the recipe as directed to get the weight of one serving. Weigh the final recipe, then divide the weight (excluding the weight of the container in which the food is stored) by 6. The weight of one serving will be the result.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 284kcal, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 22g, Fat: 21g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 120mg, Sodium: 641mg, Potassium: 321mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 449IU, Vitamin C: 3mg, Calcium: 18mg, Iron: 1mg