The Cobb Salad is a complete meal in and of itself. This recipe is a simple classic thanks to the addition of fresh greens and vegetables, chicken, bacon, cheese, and a tangy vinaigrette.
This salad tastes well with garlic bread as most salad dishes do.
Ingredients for a Cobb salad
What is a Cobb Salad, then? Robert Howard Cobb, the proprietor of the renowned Brown Derby restaurant in Hollywood, declared this full entrée salad to be the establishment’s signature dish, and it has remained such ever since.
Using the acronym EAT COBB is a simple method I employ to help me recall the ingredients in a cobb salad. Chicken, onion, bacon, avocado, tomato, blue cheese, and eggs!
For an added protein boost, the chicken breast in chicken salad is also baked or grilled. The chicken can be served hot or cold. Although I adore blue cheese, it’s one of those foods that not everyone enjoys, therefore feta or cheddar can be substituted!
Top your salad with sunflower seeds, sliced almonds, or even homemade croutons for more crunch!
Making a Cobb Salad
The best components for a healthy salad recipe are used at the beginning. Although it isn’t customary, feel free to include additional vegetables like corn, thinly sliced cucumbers, or even black olives!
Creating a salad:
- Cook chicken breasts after seasoning with salt, pepper, and any other favorite chicken ingredients.
- Romaine lettuce, 8 cups, washed and chopped.
- The remaining ingredients should be peeled, chopped, and sliced.
- Place everything on top of the lettuce, followed by slices of avocado. Crumble some blue cheese over the top.
Serve this delectable salad right away after dressing it with your preferred condiment!
What Sauce Pairs With Cobb Salad?
We offer this salad with either the homemade ranch dressing below or each vinaigrette. The robust tastes of the bacon and blue cheese are complemented with a straightforward red wine or balsamic vinaigrette.
Create a homemade basic vinaigrette: Mix 1/2 cup of oil and 1/4 cup of cider vinegar in a bowl (or sub in your own favorite vinegar; balsamic, red wine, apple cider, or sherry). As an emulsifier, mix in a little dijon mustard or honey (or both) to prevent the dressing from separating.
To create your own unique dressing to go with your personalized salad, stir in whatever seasonings you desire!
A delicious, seasonal salad with chicken, bacon, cheese, and boiled eggs!
|Prepare in 25 minutes
zero minutes for cooking
time period: 25 minutes
portions: 4 portions
- 8 cups romaine lettuce washed and chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs peeled and chopped
- 1 large avocado pitted and sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ small red onion sliced
- 8 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 oz blue cheese or feta cheese
- 2 chicken breasts 6-7 oz each
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ tablespoon dried parsley or 1 ½ teaspoon fresh
- ½ teaspoon dried dill or 1 ½ teaspoon fresh
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- milk as needed
- In a small dish, combine all the dressing ingredients. To achieve the correct consistency, add milk one spoonful at a time (I use about 2 tablespoons). Refrigerate after adding salt and pepper to taste.
- To make 4 chicken cutlets, slice chicken breasts horizontally. Combine the oil and seasoning with the chicken.
a non-stick skillet should be heated to medium-high. Add the chicken and cook it for three minutes on each side, or until done. Set aside five minutes to relax.
- Fill the bottom of a big salad dish with lettuce. Add the remaining ingredients on top.
- Serve right away after the dressing has been drizzled.
Chicken from a rotisserie or leftover chicken can also be used in this recipe. Both hot and cold dishes of chicken are available.
According to the nutritional facts, each serving contains 2 teaspoons of dressing. If you have additional dressing, it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Greek yogurt made without added fat can be used in place of sour cream to lighten the dressing.
The simplest method we’ve found to cook eggs is in an air fryer. Without adding water, fry eggs in the air fryer for 16 to 18 minutes at 250°F. Place for five minutes in a cold water bath before peeling.
The avocado should be cut just before serving.
Calories: 643 | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 12g | Monounsaturated Fat: 17g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 308mg | Sodium: 925mg | Potassium: 1249mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 9276IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 242mg | Iron: 3mg