Food: Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
Content-Type: Food Blog
These roasted cauliflower tacos are perfect if you enjoy quick meals with lots of flavors.
Roasted cauliflower tacos are easy to make, delicious, and healthful.
I’m confident that after eating them, you’ll want to eat these cauliflower tacos as well.
They’re bursting with flavor thanks to roasted cauliflower that has a nutty flavor, flavorful spices, and a zingy avocado sauce, and they’re also quite simple to cook. Vegetables are roasted, the sauce is blended, and tortillas are filled with the mixture.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER TACO RECIPE
Only a few ingredients are needed to make these cauliflower tacos:
- Of course, cauliflower! It will be roasted till nutty and golden brown in color.
- Red cabbage: In the oven, it roasts with the cauliflower, roasting until it is tender and caramelized.
- Olive oil, salt, cumin, and coriander give the roasted vegetables an aromatic flavor.
- The avocado sauce is incredibly easy to create and is rich and tangy. Only avocado, cilantro, lime juice, and a tiny bit of mayo are required.
- Make your own tortillas if you feel up to it, or use your preferred brand of corn tortillas from the store.
- Any additional fixes you choose! Avocado slices, radishes, cilantro, and thinly sliced serranos were the garnishes I used on my cauliflower tacos. It would also be delicious with diced onion, pickled jalapenos, or even a little hot sauce.
CAULIFLOWER TACO RECIPE
Did I mention how simple it is to prepare these cauliflower tacos? This is how it works:
- Roast the vegetables first. On a single baking pan, Roast the cabbage and cauliflower florets simultaneously. I modified the recipe and cooked the cabbage in the oven halfway through the time for the cauliflower on separate baking pans. It works both ways! Whether you’re using one baking sheet or two, sprinkle the vegetables with the seasonings, salt, and olive oil before baking them.
- Make the sauce while the vegetables are roasting. It might be combined quickly in a food processor or manually mashed. If you mash it yourself, it will be chunkier but still wonderful.
- The assembly and eating phase! Add roasted vegetables, a spoonful of the avocado sauce, and any additional toppings you choose to the tortillas.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS FOR ROASTED CAULIFLOWER TACO
The following circumstances would be ideal for these cauliflower tacos:
- a hectic weeknight. Eat the tacos by themselves as a supper. So simple!
- a good Taco Tuesday. Serve them with chips, salsa, and margaritas.
- amazing taco night Prepare cilantro lime rice, Mexican street corn salad, black, refried, or pinto beans, as well as other beans to serve on the side. Set up bowls of taco toppings and let each person assemble their own.
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER TACOS
- 1 small cauliflower, outer leaves, and core discarded, cut into small florets
- 1 pound red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 1/2 small red cabbage or 6 cups sliced)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, coriander, and kosher salt
- 1 recipe avocado sauce
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- Thinly sliced radishes, optional
- Sliced serrano peppers, optional
- Avocado slices, optional
- Cilantro, optional
- Set the oven to 400°F.
- On a sizable sheet pan, arrange the cabbage and cauliflower. Add the salt, cumin, and coriander, then drizzle with the olive oil. To combine everything and spread it out into an even layer, use your hands. For about 45 minutes, roast the vegetables, tossing them every 15 minutes, until they are softened and lightly browned. (I used two separate sheet pans to roast the cauliflower and the cabbage. The cauliflower and cabbage each received a 25-minute cooking time. Both methods work!
- Distribute the roasted vegetables and avocado sauce equally among the tortillas. Slices of avocado, serranos, radishes, and cilantro, if used, should be served right away.