It takes less than 30 minutes to prepare this delectable homemade creamy Cajun chicken pasta. An effortless dish made with pasta, chicken breast, and lots of vibrant, fresh vegetables!
My family loves to eat this Cajun chicken pasta recipe all year long.
Easy Pasta with Chicken
Every piece of this spaghetti dish is covered in a creamy cajun sauce.
This recipe calls for 8 ounces of your preferred medium-sized pasta; I prefer to use Penne pasta (like Chili’s Cajun Chicken Pasta Penne dish).
Another well-liked choice to add flavor to this Cajun chicken pasta is linguine. For added nourishment, you may also use whole grain or whole wheat pasta!
Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe
The fact that this Cajun chicken pasta dish is simple to create is my favorite aspect of it.
- Pasta should be prepared per the directions on the package and stored.
- Chicken is seasoned, cooked completely, then transferred to a plate to rest.
- Add sauce ingredients after cooking the vegetables. Cook the sauce until it thickens and reduces.
- Add pasta, chicken back to the pan, and cheese.
To prepare chicken, I like to cut it into bite-sized pieces before cooking it. This gives the chicken a lot more flavor because the seasoning is spread out over a larger surface area than if you season/cook the full breast.
Alternatively, you might season and cook the chicken breasts whole, remove them from the pan once they’re done, combine the remaining ingredients, and then serve the chicken over your cooked pasta.
What dishes should I put alongside Cajun Chicken Pasta?
This creamy Cajun chicken dish is a fantastic stand-alone supper, and we frequently eat it without any sides. We also enjoy it with lighter side dishes like Caesar salad, corn on the cob, or corn salad during this time of year.
Additionally, Jalapeno Cornbread is a tasty, heartier side dish! Additionally, it will aid in removing any remaining Cajun chicken sauce from your bowl.
Can Cajun Chicken Pasta be prepared in advance?
This dish can be prepared ahead of time and served later if you don’t want to serve it right away. In fact, the tastes will get better the longer it sits.
The meal will be less creamy if you cook it ahead of time and store the ingredients together since the noodles will absorb a lot of the sauce.
Another option is to prepare everything but the pasta and then cook it just before serving, adding it to the other ingredients after they have been heated.
Until you’re ready to eat, keep your airtight container of Cajun Chicken Pasta chilled.
What Constitutes the Cajun Seasoning?
I have the ideal recipe for homemade cajun seasoning! It’s a fantastic choice to make in this Garlic powder, onion powder, seasoning salt, oregano, and thyme are some of the flavorful spices included in cajun spice or seasoning.
My Cajun spice incorporates chili flakes, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and smokey paprika to give it its well-known heat!
Chicken Cajun Pasta
In under 30 minutes, you can have a delicious handmade dinner on the table with this creamy Cajun chicken pasta.
|ten minutes to prepare
20 minutes for cooking
thirty minutes in total
serves 6 people.
- 8 ounces penne pasta cooked according to package instructions and drained
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1″ pieces
- 4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning divided
- ½ teaspoon salt divided
- ½ teaspoon pepper divided
- 1 red pepper sliced
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of butter should be heated to melting point in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- In the meantime, combine 3 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon each of each. Add the diced chicken, secure the bag, and shake to coat the chicken.
- Chicken should be added to a hot pan and cooked until it is barely cooked through and browned. Transfer to a platter and reserve.
- Melt the final tablespoon of butter by adding it to the pan.
- Cook until peppers and onion start to soften after adding them (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add heavy cream, basil, garlic powder, smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning, and the final 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, lower the heat to a simmer, and continue cooking until the sauce thickens.
- Melt the parmesan cheese by adding it and stirring. Serve the cooked pasta and chicken back together, stirring thoroughly.
Calories: 566 | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 172mg | Sodium: 492mg | Potassium: 668mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2600IU | Vitamin C: 43.6mg | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 1.5mg