The midweek supper of baked bruschetta chicken is simple and delicious when it’s paired with your preferred pasta!
Garlic, basil, and juicy cherry tomatoes are baked with tender chicken breasts that have been marinated in balsamic. Cheese and a fresh tomato bruschetta topping complete the dish.
For a complete meal, serve this with some garlic butter on some crusty bread and a crisp Italian salad.
A Simple Weeknight Dish
Despite appearing elegant, this dinner is really simple! This dish is similar to a lighter version of homemade chicken parmesan because it incorporates the flavors of our favorite tomato Bruschetta Chicken.
Many of us are familiar with the appetizer bruschetta, but did you realize that the phrase refers to the bread and not the topping? This dish has our favorite topping tastes, tomato, basil, and garlic!
- Simple to prepare ahead of time.
- own sauce that is ideal for use with any type of pasta.
- wholesome, tasty, and fresh.
With cherry tomatoes, bubbling mozzarella cheese, and a garlicky, seasoned marinara, these tender chicken breasts are delicious! The ideal recipe for Sunday supper or a simple, elegant dish for visitors.
Chicken Bruschetta ingredients
For this dish, boneless, skinless chicken breasts are our top recommendation. They cook quickly and are simple to make.
You must add 20 minutes to the cooking time if you prefer to use bone-in chicken (the tomatoes should be added 20 minutes into the cooking time so they do not overcook).
The flavor of cherry tomatoes is vibrant and delicious. You can use any fresh tomato in their place. The best option is Roma tomatoes because of how well they hold up.
This recipe’s marinade is made simply with garlic cloves, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and herbs (we use Italian seasoning).
A tomato bruschetta topping is added after the cheese has melted.
Information about the ingredients: For this recipe, fresh basil is strongly advised.
Although it comes in a little clamshell, many supermarkets now sell a small basil plant for around the same price.
The basil plant will flourish longer and season a lot more food! Pasta, pizza, takeout, and other dishes taste excellent when topped with fresh basil.
How to Prepare Chicken Bruschetta
The components for this dinner are simple and quite straightforward. Although it isn’t pricey, using fresh basil greatly enhances the flavor of this dish!
- Marinate: While assembling the other ingredients, combine the marinade in a bowl (see recipe below) and marinate the chicken.
- Cook: The chicken should be browned for two minutes on each side. You only need to brown the chicken because it will cook in the oven.
- Cherry tomatoes are placed on top and the dish is baked. till bubbling, bake.
- Add cheese on top, then broil for up to three minutes, or until melted.
How to Serve
To make the topping, combine the chopped tomatoes, basil, vinegar, and garlic in a bowl. Place the finished dish over pasta and top with the tomato mixture!
For the ideal Bruschetta Chicken Pasta, serve this over spaghetti to make a whole meal. Mommy Mia!
Additionally, mashed potatoes, zucchini noodles, or even cauliflower rice can be used to serve this dish.
Tips and Notes
- All components should be prepared in advance, but the chicken should not be browned. Before baking, brown (or you can skip the browning step if preferred).
- If cherry tomatoes are unavailable, grape tomatoes or even sliced Roma tomatoes would do.
- Chicken can be marinated and grilled as an alternative to baking. The tomatoes and sauce should be simmered slowly on the stove or in a cast iron skillet on the grill if you are grilling.
- If you’d like, prepackaged bruschetta can be used in place of the handmade topping.
- If desired, incorporate red onion into the fresh tomato combination.
- Add a balsamic glaze for an added taste boost.
Chicken Bruschetta (oven baked)
Everyone enjoys this delectable dish, which is made of juicy cherry tomatoes, garlic, and tender chicken breasts that have been marinated in balsamic vinegar.
|15 minutes to prepare
25 minutes for cooking
forty minutes in total
portions: 4 portions
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- ¾ cup marinara sauce
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar or balsamic
- salt & pepper to taste
- Set the oven to 400 °F.
- In a small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic.
- Chicken breasts should be marinated for 15 minutes with 1/4 cup of the balsamic mixture, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- The final tablespoon of olive oil is heated in a medium skillet. Add the chicken, and cook it for two minutes on each side.
- In a 9×13 pan, spread marinara sauce on the bottom. Cherry tomatoes and browned chicken breasts go on top. Add the remaining balsamic mixture to a drizzle.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken reaches 165°F and fluids run clear.
- Add mozzarella on top, then broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon over the chicken after combining all the ingredients for the bruschetta topping in a basin. serving with spaghetti.
Calories: 498 | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 58g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 149mg | Sodium: 729mg | Potassium: 1275mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1000IU | Vitamin C: 31.8mg | Calcium: 313mg | Iron: 2.5mg