Who is Ismael Martinez?
At the age of 16, Ismael Martinez picked up his first set of dumbbells.
Since then, he has developed into an IFBB Pro Men’s Physique competitor who takes part in the biggest competitions, such as Joe Weider’s Mr. Olympia.
Ismael Martinez is one of the most promising athletes from South America, having won both the Mr. Mexico and the North American Bodybuilding Championships.
Additionally, he has a strong social media following and regularly posts advice on training, eating, and recovering.
Ismael is both a bodybuilder and a chemical engineer. Ismael has to carefully manage his schedule to balance these two occupations.
But regardless of how hectic life gets, Ismael always finds time to work out, demonstrating to everyone the value of consistency.
Ismael Martinez biting the gold medal he received for triumphing in a bodybuilding contest.
Body Measurements Of Ismael Martinez
|Full Name:||Ismael Martinez|
|WEIGHT:||175 – 185lbs (79.4 – 83.9kg)|
|PROFESSION:||IFBB Pro Bodybuilder, Fitness Model|
- Men’s Physique Class A, IFBB Amateur Olympia Latin America, fourth place
- Men’s Physique Class A, IFBB North American Championships, first place
- IFBB Men’s Physique, Miami Muscle Beach Pro, 11th place
- IFBB Men’s Physique, Europa Dallas, 2nd place
- San Jose Pro, third place in the IFBB Men’s Physique.
- Vancouver Pro, 6th in the IFBB Men’s Physique
- Golden State Pro, 5th in the IFBB Men’s Physique
- Men’s Physique, California Night of Champions, eighth place
- Men’s Physique, New York Pro, 9th place
- IFBB Men’s Physique at the Toronto Pro Supershow, sixth place
- San Jose Pro, 4th in the IFBB Men’s Physique
- Vancouver Pro, first place in the IFBB Men’s Physique
- IFBB Men’s Physique, Mr. Olympia, 16th place
Ismael Martinez lying down and striking the front double biceps position.
Ismael Martinez works out five to seven times a week, giving each session his all. His top priority is to remain disciplined and motivated.
Ismael has one of the most aesthetically pleasing bodies in the world thanks to his unwavering concentration, and he proved it by competing in the 2018 Mr. Olympia.
Ismael poses shirtless on the beach while sporting an athletic build.
Changing It Up, Lateral Raises
Bench press, lateral raises, squats, and biceps curls are a few of the exercises Ismael performs that are a must-do for any fitness athlete.
Ismael got his amazing shredded physique by performing these exercises consistently. Ismael must change things up because his muscles eventually become accustomed to the same exercise program.
To avoid training plateaus, he does this by switching up the exercises in each workout or by varying the rep range, sets, and weights.
- Warm-up: 3 sets of 6–10 reps of lateral raises
- 3 sets of 8–12 repetitions of the shoulder press
- 4 sets of 8–12 repetitions of heavy-weight lateral raises
- Flys with the rear delt dumbbells, 4 sets of 8–12 reps
- Lateral raises in place of front raises with seated dumbbells, 8–12 reps
Nutrition, Healthy Foods
Ismael, a Men’s Physique competitor, divides his nutrition into two distinct phases: bulking and cutting.
Ismael will severely cut back on calories to burn fat before a performance. He will, however, ensure that his protein consumption remains high to avoid catabolism (muscle wasting).
Ismail keeps the specifics of his diet a secret, but one thing he consistently stresses is that if you want to gain weight, you need to consume more calories.
However, he advises against trying for a “dirty bulk.” In other words, Ismael won’t eat junk food and processed foods to put on weight because he will end up gaining too much fat.
Ismael will consume healthy foods instead, keeping a calorie surplus of roughly 500 kcal each day.
What Ismael Martinez Can Teach Us?
Ismael’s experience should serve as a reminder to not overcomplicate exercise; instead, concentrate on being consistent every day.
Instead of striving to do everything perfectly and being disappointed, it is much better to start your journey imperfectly and learn as you go.
It took Ismael some time to develop his physique. He trains every day to the best of his ability and knowledge, and that is how he succeeds.
He may not always have the best workouts, but he always gets back into the “squat rack.” Ismael’s success mantra is: “Stay patient, have a fierce work ethic, and always pull yourself back up when you fall.”