- Food: Coleslaw Dressing
- Writer: Lizzie Gree
- Content-Type: Food Blog
This recipe for homemade coleslaw dressing will elevate any coleslaw to new heights! It’s creamy, tangy, and delicious, and it’s made with only 5 ingredients.
You’ll never buy coleslaw dressing again once you’ve learned how to make it at home! This is why:
- It’s a breeze. This creamy coleslaw dressing recipe just requires 5 simple ingredients and takes only a few minutes to prepare.
- It’s prepared with all-natural, high-quality ingredients. You know exactly what’s in your coleslaw dressing when you create it yourself. There are no additives or stabilizers in this recipe, and it is naturally sweetened with maple syrup rather than processed sugar.
- Last but not least, it tastes great! This creamy, tangy dressing is great on coleslaw, but it’s also delicious on other salads. Use it to make broccoli salad or toss it with lettuce, baby greens, or kale. Once you have it, you’ll be able to use it in a variety of ways.
Ingredients for Coleslaw Dressing
To prepare this homemade coleslaw dressing, you’ll only need five easy ingredients:
- Use exceptionally nice mayonnaise in this recipe for the finest flavor. Sir Kensington’s mayonnaise is my first choice when using store-bought mayonnaise. Here, too, my vegan mayo is fantastic!
- Apple cider vinegar adds a pleasant tang to the dressing.
- Dijon mustard provides tang and a little peppery taste to the dish.
- Maple syrup — It counteracts the abrasiveness of vinegar and mustard.
- If you’ve ever made egg salad, deviled eggs, or creamy potato salad, you know how delicious celery seed, mayo, and mustard are combined. These little fellas give the dressing a delightful savory flavor that elevates it to new heights.
Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste!
How to Make Coleslaw Dressing at Home
This coleslaw dressing is most typically used in my handmade coleslaw recipe, but it also works nicely with pre-shredded coleslaw mix.
Whether you shred the vegetables yourself or buy a combination, aim for 8 cups of shredded cabbage and carrots. There will be enough dressing to lightly coat all of the vegetables this way.
It’s time to eat once you’ve mixed the dressing with the slaw mix. With these classic picnic recipes, I like to serve my homemade coleslaw as a side dish:
- The Best Vegetarian Burger
- Burger with Portobello Mushrooms
- Burger with Quinoa
- Vegan Barbecue Sandwiches with Pulled Pork
- Po’ Boy Sandwiches with Crispy Cauliflower
Fruit salad, grilled vegetables, or corn on the cob round out the dinner, and don’t forget the brownies for dessert!
If you have any leftover dressing, keep it refrigerated in an airtight jar for up to a week. It goes well with any greens, but it’s really delicious in my kale salad!
|Time to Prepare: 5 minutes
Serves: 4 TO 6
This creamy, tangy coleslaw dressing is really simple to create. Toss it with 8 cups of pre-shredded slaw mix or use it in my creamy coleslaw recipe.
- Scant 3/4 cup mayo or Vegan Mayo
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ¾ teaspoon celery seeds
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, celery seeds, salt, and a few grinds of fresh pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
- Serve with a cabbage coleslaw mix (about 8 cups).